A pair of reaction motors or thrusters connected to spin-stabilized spacecraft are used to reorient spacecraft attitude without affecting spacecraft velocity. The spacecraft reaction motors are arranged to produce a couple in response to an attitude reference signal without applying a spacecraft velocity changing force to the spin-stabilized spacecraft.
A system for changing attitude of a spin-stabilized vehicle having a spin axis without affecting vehicle velocity comprising: inertial sensing means connected to said vehicle for detecting an inertial point of reference and generating a pulsed signal in response to said detected inertial point of reference; means coupled to said inertial sensing means for generating pulsed vehicle attitude control signals in response to said inertial sensor generated signal; and a pair of coplanar reaction means mounted on said vehicle in a plane parallel to said spin ax...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 13
- Hultman, John A.. Adjustable range munition. USP2013128618455.
- Strassman, Doron; Elkanick, Mark E.. Integrated propulsion and attitude control system from a common pressure vessel for an interceptor. USP2015038975565.
- Muhlfelder Ludwig (Livingston NJ) Phillips Kevin J. (Hightstown NJ) Blasnik Steven L. (Cambridge MA). Magnetically torqued nutation damping. USP1984014424948.
- Perdu Michel (Frejus FRX). Method and system for monitoring the propellant consumption of a space vehicle. USP1990124979119.
- Hooper John O. (Ridgecrest CA) Stone W. James (Ridgecrest CA) Burklund Vernon D. (Ridgecrest CA). Microwave radiometric attitude reference system. USP1980084216928.
- Schweickert Thomas F. (Collinsville IL) Orton George F. (St. Louis MO). Propellant tank resupply system. USP1986094609169.
- Preston, Kenneth G.; Leal, Michael A.; Wilson, Rondell J.; Hussey, Richard C.. Propulsion and maneuvering system with axial thrusters and method for axial divert attitude and control. USP2014058735788.
- Sutton Trevor G. (Maricopa AZ). Small vehicle roll control and steering. USP1988104779821.
- Hubert Carl Henry. Spacecraft thruster operation for improved orbital maneuver accuracy. USP1998125850993.
- Rudolph Louis R. (Annandale VA) Ewen ; II Woodrow W. (Silver Spring MD). Spin rate timing system. USP1979074161780.
- Brinkerhoff, Robert S.; Mahnken, Michael J.; Loehr, Richard D.; Cook, James M. System and method for attitude control of a flight vehicle using pitch-over thrusters. USP2010127851732.
- Brinkerhoff, Robert S.; Mahnken, Michael J.; Loehr, Richard D.; Cook, James M.. System and method for attitude control of a flight vehicle using pitch-over thrusters and application to an active protection system. USP2011087989743.
- Williams ; Jr. Richard L. (Corona Del Mar CA). Velocity and attitude control for exoatmospheric projectile. USP1986124630790.