An escape capsule integrally designed within a parent aircraft and having a fly-away capability throughout the entire speed range of the parent aircraft. The capsule utilizes segments of the leading edges of the aircraft wings to provide flight capability and stabilization to the capsule, an elevon system controlling the capsule about both its lateral and longitudinal axes, and rudder and vertical stabilizing elements for controlling the capsule about its vertical axis. A rocket is provided to supply the thrust necessary to accomplish positive separation...
In a non-re-entry type vehicle including a fuselage on which a set of wings and an elevator-rudder system are mounted independently of each other, the wings being mounted forwardly of and separately from the vehicle\s elevator-rudder system and having a swept-back characteristic, the vehicle having an escape capsule with fly-away capability, an improvement in said escape capsule comprising in combination, a crew compartment in said capsule and having structural integrity upon its separation from said vehicle and being capable of all flight modes througho...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 17
- Speer,Thomas E.; Jones,Richard D.. Air vehicle assembly and an associated control system and method. USP2008047357352.
- Talmage, Jr., Robert N.. Aircraft escape cabin. USP2004086776373.
- Durand, Yves; Guering, Bernard. Aircraft nose with cockpit and avionics bay modules integrated therein. USP2016039290259.
- Peck Walter R. (Asheville NC). Capsule and rocket extraction system. USP1986044580746.
- Michael G. Friend ; Jay R. Huffington ; Mark E. Eakins. Common flight deck module for family of commercial aircraft. USP2002126497388.
- Tavano John B. (28 Edgewood Dr. Torrington CT 06790). Emergency aircraft system. USP1987034651952.
- Winkler Edward Richard. Flight station access system for an aircraft. USP2000066073885.
- Zuck Daniel R. (14273 Beaver St. Sylmar CA 91342). Flying emergency ejection seat. USP1989034813634.
- Hardy Richard (Seattle WA) Hardy Jonathan (Seattle WA) Kornell Thomas J. (Federal Way WA) Tallquist Kenneth M. (Bellevue WA). Horizontal-takeoff transatmospheric launch system. USP1989024802639.
- Luther, David I.. In-line staged horizontal takeoff and landing space plane. USP2013098528853.
- Luther, David. In-line staged horizontal takeoff vehicles and related methods. USP2015018925857.
- Luther, David I.. In-line staged vehicle. USP201303D677613.
- Tomasi, Marc; Lieven, Patrick; Delahaye, Romain. Intermediate support structure for the cockpit of an aircraft. USP2015079090327.
- Morris, Dennis E.; Little, Alfred. Launch abort and orbital maneuver system. USP2014058727283.
- Talmage, Jr.,Robert N.. Modular aerospace plane. USP2007067234667.
- Aldrin, Buzz. Multi-crew modules for space flight. USP2004126827313.
- Bahn, Patrick R. E.. Rocket stage and method of improving an existing rocket stage. USP2016039273634.