An aircraft for making vertical and short field takeoffs is powered by a bypass turbofan engine having a core turbojet and a bypass fan. For vertical takeoffs, the efflux from the bypass fan is deflected downward to create lift. Exhaust from the core turbojet is ducted to turbine driven lifting fans at remote locations to create supplemental lifting forces which also provide aircraft control and stability. For cruise, the bypass fan efflux is discharged aft until sufficient forward airspeed is attained that exhaust gas flow to the lifting fans may be shu...
A propulsion system for use in an aircraft for making vertical and short takeoffs and landings comprising: at least one gas turbine engine having a core turbojet, a bypass fan, and a turbojet exhaust gas conducting tailpipe; a plurality of lifting fans, each fan having spoiling means to selectively spoil lift; exhaust gas duct extending from said exhaust gas conducting tailpipe to each of said lifting fans for communicating turbojet exhaust gas from said turbojet to said lifting fans for powering said lifting fans; said exhaust gas duct being divided int...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 20
- Kirstein, Joshua M.. Aircraft engine balanced thrust vectoring system. USP2011118066220.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Apparatus for generating horizontal forces in aerial vehicles and related method. USP2010057717368.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Control flows and forces in VTOL vehicles. USP2013078496200.
- Magre,Eric. Convertible aircraft provided with two tilt fans on either side of the fuselage, and with a non-tilting fan inserted in the fuselage. USP2007037188802.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Ducted fan VTOL vehicles. USP2010127857253.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Ducted fan VTOL vehicles. USP2010107806362.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Ducted fan VTOL vehicles. USP2014018622335.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Ducted fan for VTOL vehicles with system and method to reduce roll moments. USP2014118876038.
- Avery, III, John Leonard. Ducted oblique-rotor VTOL vehicle. USP2017069688396.
- Shapery, Sandor Wayne. Engine system for vertical and short take off and landing (V/STOL) aircraft. USP2017109776714.
- Rogers,Keith Martin; Appleyard,George Mansfield. Gas turbine powerplant. USP2009037500351.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Ground effect vanes arrangement. USP2011098020804.
- Bevirt, Joeben; Gibboney, Jeffrey K.; Craig, David D.; Peddie, Matthew. Lightweight vertical take-off and landing aircraft and flight control paradigm using thrust differentials. USP2014058733690.
- Lawson, Edward L.; Droney, Christopher K.; Cummings, Darold B.. Method and apparatus for generating lift. USP2010037677502.
- Yui, Takashi. Semiconductor device. USP2012128330266.
- Brody, David E.; Olcott, Dennis D.. VTOL aircraft. USP2017069676479.
- Brody, David E.; Olcott, Dennis D.. VTOL aircraft. USP201510D741247.
- Yoeli, Raphael. VTOL vehicle with coaxially tilted or tiltable rotors. USP2013018342441.
- Yoeli, Rafi. Vehicles particularly useful as VTOL vehicles. USP2010097789342.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Wall effects on VTOL vehicles. USP2014098833692.