A low shear mixing process for preparing high solids, high viscosity rocket propellants in which the propellant ingredients are blended with an inert diluent to reduce the high shear mixing environment generated by conventional mixing techniques. The diluent is then removed by sublimation from the mixture through a freeze drying process prior to curing and casting the mix according to conventional techniques.
A low shear mixing process for preparing high solids, high viscosity solid rocket propellants consisting essentially of the steps of (a) blending the liquid and solid propellant ingredients with an inert diluent liquid selected from the group consisting of methylene chloride, heptane, 2－2 dimethyl butane, 1－1 dichloroethane and n-hexane; (b) freezing the blended mix and granulating the same to form propellant granules; (c) removing the diluent by freeze drying said granules under vacuum conditions; (d) loading said diluent-free granules into a mold under...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 12
- Joe A. Martin ; Larry H. Welch. Composition and method for preparing oxidizer matrix containing dispersed metal particles. USP2002096454886.
- Lefumeux Alain,FRX ; Wiencek Dominique,FRX. Continuous process for solvent-free manufacture of heat-curable composite pyrotechnic products. USP1998115831339.
- Johnson Nancy C. (Waldorf MD) Gill Robert C. (White Plains MD) Leahy John F. (Bowie MD) Gotzmer ; Jr. Carl (Accokeek MD) Fillman Harold T. (Bowie MD). Melt cast thermoplastic elastomeric plastic bonded explosive. USP1990124978482.
- Flanigan David A. ; Mancini Vincent E. ; Harper Michael R.. Methods of preparing gas generant formulations. USP1998035731540.
- Harris,Marlon D.; Talbert, Jr.,Daniel; Burnett,Edward D.. Mixing equipment sealing device. USP2006107121716.
- Joe A. Martin ; Larry H. Welch. Nozzleless rocket motor. USP2002086430920.
- Waters Paul F. (Washington DC) Hadermann Albert F. (Ijansville MD) Trippe Jerry C. (Fairfax Station VA). Polymer binding of particulate materials. USP1990054923535.
- Armantrout Robert J. (Salt Lake City UT). Pre-solution preparation of double base propellant binder. USP1981014243442.
- Blomquist, Harold R.. Process for preparing free-flowing particulate phase stabilized ammonium nitrate. USP2005066902637.
- Sampson, William P.; Astrauskas, Peter J.. Process for preparing phase-stabilized ammonium nitrate. USP2003116641622.
- Kay Heather Clarke GB; Derek Alexander Graham GB; Ray Oliver GB. Process for the production of an exothermically reacting composition. USP2002076416600.
- Martin, Joe A.; Welch, Larry H.. Variable burn-rate propellant. USP2003016503350.