A beam of electromagnetic radiation is spatially encoded using a digital frequency diversity technique. The spatial encoding defines the beam cross-section into a series of resolution elements each identified by a different digital code. The codes defining resolution elements are detectable by an object, such as a missile, located in the radiation beam and can be used to locate the object in this beam. In the preferred embodiment, an encoding mask, moved through the beam, provides the digital frequency modulation. The mask is provided with a series of bi...
An encoding mask for use in conjunction with an electromagnetic beam of radiation for spatially encoding the beam as the mask is moved through the beam at a constant, predetermined speed to thereby facilitate the locating of an object in space, comprising: a surface having a series of adjacent regions defining bit areas, each of said regions being defined by at least two sets of spaced apart cyclically recurring bands effective to vary a detectable beam parameter, the spacing between adjacent bands of a set being preselected to produce a predetermined be...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 11
- Efimov,Oleg M.; Ionov,Stanislav I.. Apparatus and method for directing a light beam to a target. USP2006107127138.
- Mentink, Henk. Apparatus and method for guidance of a projectile. USP2012058173945.
- Cremosnik Gregor (Regensdorf CHX) Timper Joachim (Zrich CHX) Holzberger Johann (Schfflisdorf CHX). Apparatus for guiding a missile. USP1987124709875.
- Rastegar, Jahangir S.. Integrated reference source and target designator system for high-precision guidance of guided munitions. USP2012018093539.
- Dryer, Richard; Preston, Kenenth G.. Lightpipe for semi-active laser target designation. USP2012128324543.
- Seidensticker, Jens. Method for correcting the trajectory of a projectile, in particular of a terminal phase-guided projectile, and projectile for carrying out the method. USP2013108558151.
- Feldmann, Michael Steven; Saggio, III, Frank; Washburn, John Robert. Methods for adjusting a relative navigation system. USP2014108872081.
- Gunderson, John. Optical arrangement for tracking detector. USP2013088520308.
- Feldmann, Michael Steven; Saggio, III, Frank; Paasche, Timothy John; Turner, Mark Lawrence; Ingersoll, John Andrew. System and methods of detecting an intruding object in a relative navigation system. USP2016099435635.
- Veselovsky, Jeffrey S.; Zimmerle, Andrew R.; Van De Laare, Dean. Systems and methods for boresight adapters. USP2009067550697.
- Mitchell Robert R. (Huntsville AL). Tone burst reticle beamrider missile guidance. USP1983084399961.