A deployable inlet for use with a center boost engine on a jet propelled aircraft having the capability of aerodynamically fairing the air inlet located in the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer at such times as the center boost engine is shut down and non-operative, thus minimizing drag. More particularly, an inlet construction for use with aircraft of the type commonly employing multiple main power plants and an auxiliary center boost engine of the type which is commonly used only: (i) during take-off; (ii) during air refueling operations; and/or ...
In combination with an aircraft having a fuselage; an empennage including an empennage body structure and an upstanding vertical stabilizer mounted on said fuselage and having a leading edge and spaced port and starboard skin panels defining smooth, aerodynamically streamlined skin surfaces extending rearwardly from said stabilizer leading edge; and of the type including an auxiliary center boost jet engine having a rearwardly directed exhaust nozzle mounted within said empennage body structure, an air inlet formed in and coincident with said leading edg...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 13
- Bacon Richard J.. 3X multi-engine jet configuration and method of operation. USP1999015855340.
- Guemmer, Volker. Aircraft propulsion unit in multi-fan design. USP2013038402740.
- Kelnhofer,Juergen. Aircraft ram air inlet with multi-member closure flap. USP2007057222819.
- Bhargava, Brij B.. Aircraft taxiing and secondary propulsion system. USP2012028109464.
- Pogosyan, Mihail Aslanovich; Davidenko, Aleksandr Nikolaevich; Strelets, Mihail Yurievich; Runishev, Vladimir Aleksandrovich; Tarasov, Aleksey Zaharovich; Shokurov, Aleksey Kirillovich; Bibikov, Sergey Yurievich; Krylov, Leonid Evgenievich; Moskalev, Pavel Borisovich. Aircraft with an integral aerodynamic configuration. USP2015119180974.
- Negulescu, Dimitrie. Aircraft with tail propeller-engine layout. USP2012098256709.
- Reysa Gary D. ; Swenson Lynn A. ; Hutchison Robert A. ; Fung Kenny L.. Auxiliary power and thrust unit. USP2001066247668.
- Figge ; Sr. Irving E.. Self-deploying air inlet for an air breathing missile. USP2000116142417.
- Seidel, Gerhard E.. Separate boundary layer engine inlet. USP2003036527224.
- Gatzke, Sten. Signal strength dependent cover unlocking device for a duct housing a secondary power supply device in an aircraft fuselage. USP2015038967530.
- Wagenfeld Robert E. (New York NY). System for reducing aircraft noise and hush kit. USP1989064836469.
- Howarth,Nicholas; Freeman,Christopher. Turbine engine arrangements. USP2007017165744.
- Guering, Bernard. Vertical tail unit for aircraft and aircraft equipped with same. USP2009097581694.