A gunpowder substitute which is capable of also being molded into a consumable cartridge or cartridge case comprising between 50% to 75% by weight of an inorganic nitrate and between 25% to 50% by weight of an organic acid including ascorbic acid, erythorbic acid and mixtures thereof.
A consumable cartridge comprising: (a) a primer; and (b) a projectile; and (c) a molded cartridge case containing means for receiving said primer and means for receiving said projectile in association therewith for use in a firearm, said molded cartridge case comprising a composition made from an inorganic nitrate oxidizer and an organic acid selected from the group consisting of erythorbic acid, ascorbic acid, and mixtures thereof.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 12
- Griesbach, Mark Andrew; Epstein, Brett Neal. Compressed powder charge for muzzleloader and black powder firearms. USP2004026688232.
- Griesbach, Mark Andrew; Epstein, Brett Neal. Compressed premeasured charge for firearms. USP200505D505706.
- Griesbach, Mark Andrew; Epstein, Brett Neal. Compressed premeasured charge for firearms. USP200507D507323.
- Wehrli Pius A. (North Caldwell NJ). Explosive and propellant composition and method. USP1991034997496.
- Frbringer Claude (Riehen CHX) Pauling Horst (Bottmingen CHX). Explosive and propellant composition and method of preparation. USP1989114881993.
- Bell Frank H. (Logan UT). LOVA Type black powder propellant surrogate. USP1986024570540.
- Cioffe Anthony (5050 Fillmore St. Hollywood FL 33021). Method of making a propellant and explosive composition. USP1997055633476.
- Wise, Sean; Sasse, Ronald A.. Organic substitutes for charcoal in black powder. USP198606H000072.
- Beyeler Paul (Arlesheim CHX) Frbringer Claude (Riehen CHX). Preparation of explosives containing degradation products of ascorbic or isoascorbic acid. USP1990104964929.
- Griesbach, Mark Andrew; Epstein, Brett Neal. Propellant charge with tapered sidewalls. USP200501D500830.
- Barrett,G. Dean; Conkling,John A.. Sulfur-free propellant compositions. USP2008037344610.
- Barrett G. Dean. Unitary propellant charge for muzzle loading firearms. USP1998035726378.