An explosive shell case of the kind in which fragments are produced by bursting of the case material into a number of small particles. The case material comprises a completely dense, non-compressible material which is made with embrittling zones (4) which when the shell bursts gives fragments of a predetermined shape. The case is preferably manufactured powder-metallurgically, the embrittling zones then being formed by filling at predetermined intervals with powder with the embrittling component. The case is then pressed under high all-round pressure and...
An explosive shell case of the type in which fragmentation is accomplished by bursting of the shell material into a plurality of small particles, wherein the shell case comprises a plurality of zones consisting of a completely dense, non-compressible material said zones being separated from each other by a plurality of zones of embrittling material whereby upon detonation the shell bursts into fragments of a predetermined shape.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 14
- Wilson, Leonard T.; Garnett, Charles R.; Henderson, William M.. Composite fragmenting rod for a warhead case. USP199205H001048.
- Kerns, Keith A; Spilotro, John J; Cundiff, Brandon J; Bootes, Thomas H; Shire, Jason M. Fragmentation munition with limited explosive force. USP2017089739583.
- Henderson, William M.; Wilson, Leonard T.; Garnett, Charles R.. Fragmenting notched warhead rod. USP199205H001047.
- Bruno, Nicolas Horacio. Low collateral damage bi-modal warhead assembly. USP2017099759533.
- Beal, Harold F.. Method for developing and sustaining uniform distribution of a plurality of metal powders of different densities in a mixture of such metal powders. USP2003046551376.
- Hall, Ian Avalon; Genson, Kevin. Monolithic fragmentation casing. USP20190410247531.
- Storm, Roger S.; Shapovalov, Vladimir; Withers, James C.; Loutfy, Raouf. Multi component reactive metal penetrators, and their method of manufacture. USP2013118573128.
- Bootes, Thomas H.; Bednarz, John E.; Lee, Wayne Y.. Munition having penetrator casing with fuel-oxidizer mixture therein. USP2018039909848.
- Kerns, Keith A; Cundiff, Brandon; Spilotro, John J. Munition modification kit and method of modifying munition. USP2017119810513.
- Bootes, Thomas H.; Budy, George D.; Lee, Wayne Y.; Polly, Richard K.; Shire, Jason M.; Waddell, Jesse T.. Munition with nose kit connecting to aft casing connector. USP20190110184763.
- Kerns, Keith A; Spilotro, John J.; Bootes, Thomas H.; Cundiff, Brandon J.; Waddell, Jesse T.; Lee, Wayne Y.. Munition with preformed fragments. USP2017069683822.
- Simon, Alexander; Tripp, Ernst. Projectile casing for an explosive projectile and method for handling a projectile casing. USP2017029568291.
- Beal Harold F.. Projectile for ammunition cartridge. USP1998085789698.
- Budy, George D.; Lee, Wayne Y.; Waddell, Jesse T.. Shock-resistant fuzewell for munition. USP2017119816793.