A helicopter has a low profile electric motor mounted in each of the rotor blades to drive a cross-flow fan which draws air in through a slot at the leading edge of the blade and forces it out through an opposing slot adjacent the trailing edge of the blade to provide the thrust for rotating the rotor blade. An engine is located in the fuselage of the helicopter for driving an electric generator to produce the electricity supplied to the motors mounted in the blades. In addition, yaw control is achieved without the necessity of tail structure or a tail r...
In a helicopter having a fuselage and at least one rotor blade having a hub end and a tip end and having a leading edge and a trailing edge, said blade mounted for free rotation on the fuselage, an improvement including in combination: an electric motor mounted in said rotor blade: power producing means located in the fuselage of said helicopter for providing electrical power; means for supplying electrical power from said power producing means to said motor; a cross-flow fan mounted for rotation in said rotor blade near the tip thereof and coupled to sa...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 18
- McKann H. Smith (Fredericksburg VA). Air vehicle yaw control system. USP1997025601257.
- Salyer, Ival O.. Aircraft using turbo-electric hybrid propulsion system. USP2016119493245.
- Salyer, Ival O.. Aircraft using turbo-electric hybrid propulsion system. USP2014058727271.
- Lading, Gert. Autonomic rotor system for an aircraft. USP2015018939725.
- Botti, Jean; Stuhlberger, Johannes; Jänker, Peter; Niesl, Georg; Klöppel, Valentin. Drive system for helicopters. USP2015049004395.
- Hopdjanian, Marie-Laure; Connaulte, Matthieu; Gazzino, Marc; Mercier, Christian. Electrical architecture for a rotary wing aircraft with a hybrid power plant. USP2014068757542.
- Fabiani, Mario. Helicopter electric connecting unit, and helicopter equipped with such a connecting unit. USP2005046880781.
- Amante, William A.; McCollough, James M.. Helicopter front windshields. USP201303D678172.
- Amante, William A.; McCollough, James M.. Helicopter nose design. USP201303D678171.
- Botti, Jean; Stuhlberger, Johannes; Jänker, Peter; Klöppel, Valentin; Niesl, Georg. Hybrid drive and energy system for aircraft. USP2015119194285.
- Botti, Jean; Stuhlberger, Johannes; Jänker, Peter; Klöppel, Valentin; Niesl, Georg. Hybrid drive for helicopters. USP2014108870114.
- William Edward Vanderbeck ; Gregory Weston Terpay ; Ka-Shu Lee ; George Gustave Zipfel ; Victor G. Mishkevich ; Thomas Edward Smith, Jr.. Permanent magnet phase-control motor. USP2002116476534.
- Waltner, Peter James. Rotary or fixed wing aircraft with thrust vectoring tail. USP20190110167078.
- Bystry, Jr., Mark Denton; Simonetti, Joseph; Tarascio, Matthew J.; Strauss, Michael Peter; Kasprzyk, Adam; Lauder, Timothy Fred. Rotary wing aircraft propulsion system. USP2015028944367.
- van der Westhuizen, Jacob Johannes. Rotor driven auxiliary power apparatus and method. USP2015028950700.
- Bitar, Pete. Special personal electric helicopter device with integral wind turbine recharging capability. USP2016099440736.
- Perkinson, Robert H.. Teeter mechanism for a multiple-bladed wind turbine. USP2014078770934.
- Heid, Oliver. Torque compensation for a helicopter. USP2016099452832.