A method and system is described for simultaneously precessing and nutation damping a spinning spacecraft that includes a computer, thrusters for precession and nutation damping and gyros aligned with or parallel to each of three orthogonal axes with the x-axis being the spin axis. The gyro information from three orthogonal axes is used to compute the momentum vector and target vector. The error vector is computed from the computed momentum vector and target vector. When the error vector\s component along a given axis orthogonal to the x-axis changes sig...
A method of launching from a launch vehicle a spacecraft/perigee motor assembly spinning about a desired spin axis oriented in a desired firing attitude to place said assembly in a desired orbit, said assembly having a computer and gyros on three orthogonal axes comprising the steps of: orienting the launch vehicle such that the assembly has its perigee motor pointing in said desired firing attitude; initializing said gyros and attitude determination calculation within said assembly\s computer when the launch vehicle is oriented such that the assembly is...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 15
- Surauer Michael (Chieming DEX) Porte Francois (Munich DEX) Bittner Helmut (Munich DEX). Apparatus for controlling the attitude of and stabilizing an elastic body. USP1991085042752.
- Yoshikawa Shoji,JPX ; Yamada Katsuhiko,JPX ; Sakashita Hiroshi,JPX ; Yonechi Hiroo,JPX. Attitude determination system for artificial satellite. USP2001056227496.
- Holt,Anthony P; Janvier,Michele P. Autonomous manoeuvring for spinning spacecraft. USP2006077076341.
- Price Xen ; Chan Kam. Autonomous solar torque management. USP1999125996942.
- Price Xen ; Chan Kam ; Stoen Jeffery. Autonomous spacecraft payload base motion estimation and correction. USP1999126000661.
- Liu,Ketao; Burch,Justin; Becker,Gregory S.; Nelson,Patrick A.. Gimbal disturbance calibration and compenstion. USP2008107437222.
- Goodzeit Neil E. (East Windsor NJ) Paluszek Michael A. (Lawrenceville NJ). Low noise spacecraft body rate sensing arrangement for attitude control. USP1997035608634.
- Stoen Jeffery D ; Chan Kam. Method to reorient a spacecraft using only initial single axis attitude knowledge. USP2000116142422.
- Stoen Jeffery D ; Chan Kam. Method to reorient a spacecraft using only initial single axis attitude knowledge. USP2000056068217.
- John W. Smay ; John F. Yocum ; Salma Saeed. Minimum fuel attitude and nutation controller for spinning spacecraft. USP2002026347262.
- Kamel Ahmed A ; Ong Kwok M. Satellite camera attitude determination and image navigation by means of earth edge and landmark measurement. USP2000026023291.
- Fowell Richard A. ; Tanner Thomas M.. Satellite spin vector control with sun sensor. USP1999035884869.
- Weigl, Harald J.; Goodzeit, Neil E.. Spacecraft thruster torque feedforward calibration system. USP2011098019493.
- Gregory J. Whiffen. Static/dynamic control for optimizing a useful objective. USP2002126496741.
- Holmes Thomas J.. Thruster on time signaling with flexure compensation avoidance. USP2000096125310.