An engine for application to the propulsion of aerospace vehicles (terrestrial or orbital) capable of operating in two propulsive modes. The first mode employs liquid hydrogen to pre-cool the intake air of a turbo-compressor in order to deliver it at high pressure to a rocket type combustor/nozzle assembly. In this mode the external atmosphere is the source of oxidizer for the fuel. At a high Mach number in the hypersonic regime the engine changes to the second mode which is a conventional high performance rocket engine using liquid oxygen carried on the...
An aerospace vehicle propulsor comprising combustion means and propelling nozzle means arranged to receive the products of combustion from the combustion means and to eject the said products to propel the vehicle, first means for supplying fuel and compressed air to said combustion means and second means for supplying liquid fuel and liquid oxidizer to said combustion means, control means for selectively operating said first and second means so that when one of said means is operating the other is deactivated, said propulsor including heat exchange means...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 16
- Greene,William D.. Dual expander cycle rocket engine with an intermediate, closed-cycle heat exchanger. USP2008097418814.
- Bond, Alan; Varvill, Richard. Engine comprising a rocket combustion chamber and a heat exchanger. USP20180710012177.
- Turner,James William Griffith; Allen,Jeffrey. Engine with a plurality of operating modes including operation by compressed air. USP2008057370630.
- Provitola, Anthony Italo. Gaseous-fuel breathing rocket engine. USP2004026691504.
- Nelson Steven D. ; Sipes William J. ; Hoffmaster David K.. Mems synthesized divert propulsion system. USP2001016178741.
- Erickson,Christopher M; Lobitz,James R; Bissell,William. Method and apparatus for a rocket engine power cycle. USP2007057216477.
- Greason, Jeffrey K.; DeLong, Daniel L.; Jones, Douglas B.. Method for cooling rocket engines. USP2013018341933.
- Parfitt, Robert N; Whittle, Colin A.; Turville, Martin R. Method of determining thrust. USP2005026851303.
- Giffin, Rollin George. Methods and systems for operating oxidizer systems. USP2012038127527.
- Balepin, Vladimir V.. Multi-mode multi-propellant liquid rocket engine. USP2003096619031.
- Breugelmans, Frans; Hendrick, Patrick; Marquet, Benoit; Strengnart, Marc. Process and device for collecting air, and engine associated therewith. USP2003116644016.
- Casillas, Eduardo D.; Shaeffer, Charlie W.; Joyner, Claude R.; Parsley, Randy C.. Reusable space access launch vehicle system. USP2004046726154.
- Erickson, Christopher M.; Lobitz, James R.; Bissell, William R.; Hanks, David E.; Brown, Corey D.. Rocket engine power cycle. USP2011087997060.
- Greason, Jeffrey K.; DeLong, Daniel L.; Jones, Douglas B.. System and method for cooling rocket engines. USP2010087784269.
- Provitola Anthony Italo. Turbo-rocket thruster. USP2000116148609.
- McKinney, Bevin C.. Turbojet with precompressor injected oxidizer. USP2003116644015.