A porous airfoil having venting cavities with contoured barrier walls, formed by a core piece, placed beneath a porous upper and lower surface area that stretches over the nominal chord of an airfoil is employed, to provide an airfoil configuration that becomes self-adaptive to very dissimilar flow conditions to thereby improve the lift and drag characteristics of the airfoil at both subcritical and supercritical conditions.
An airfoil device comprising: a thin skin surface layer completely covering an airfoil and forming a top and a bottom airfoil surface; at least one of said top and said bottom airfoil surfaces being formed of a porous thin skin material; a barrier wall disposed internally of said at least one of said top and said bottom airfoil surfaces; said barrier wall extending along a chord of said airfoil and having an arcuate contoured portion thereof abutting said thin skin material at the leading edge and a tapered sharp edge portion of said barrier wall abuttin...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 19
- Rolston Stephen C.,GBX ; Ashford Edward M.,GB5. Aerodynamic low drag structure. USP1998045743488.
- Schmidt, Eric Thomas. Aerodynamically efficient surfaces. USP2012118315847.
- Schmidt, Eric Thomas. Aerodynamically efficient surfaces. USP2013108556215.
- Zhu, Xiaoyi. Aircraft generating a lift from an interior thereof. USP2014128910903.
- Alderman, James; Rolston, Stephen; Meyer, Jonathan. Aircraft wing rib. USP20180610005545.
- Birkenstock, David. Apparatus system and method for drag reduction. USP2009117614588.
- Birkenstock, David. Apparatus, system and method for drag reduction. USP2017099764823.
- Billman, Garrett M.; O'Neil, Patrick J.. Forebody vortex alleviation device. USP2003096612524.
- Meyer,Pascal J. Laminar flow nacelle for an aircraft engine. USP2006057048230.
- Koppelman, Henry J.; Gregg, Paul S.. Laminar flow panel. USP2014078783624.
- Kraenzien Peter,DEX. Leading edge construction for an aerodynamic surface and method of making the same. USP2000046050523.
- Atassi, Oliver V.. Nacelle with porous surfaces. USP2015038974177.
- O'Neil Patrick J. ; Billman Garrett M.. Passive porosity airfoil management device. USP2000066079671.
- Tiwari, Sean; Weaver, Luby. Perforated surface for suction-type laminar flow control. USP20180610000277.
- Pal, Anadish Kumar. Surface flow diverting and static charging ducted pores on wing or blade tip to reduce wake and BVI noise. USP2009127637462.
- Fedorov Alexander V.,RUX ; Malmuth Norman D.. Use of absorbing walls for laminar flow control. USP1999035884871.
- Shome, Moushumi; Calkins, Frederick T.; Apdalhaliem, Sahrudine. Variable camber airfoil system. USP2015099145198.
- Cook, Brian G.; Louis, John; Van de Van, Thomas; Vieito, Robert M.. Wing flaps for aircraft and methods for making the same. USP2015129199721.
- Wood, Norman. Wing leading edge venting. USP2016119487287.