A deployable system for assisting flight control under certain flight conditions, such as at high angles of attack, whereby two inflatable membranes are located on the forebody portion of an aircraft on opposite sides thereof. The members form control surfaces for effecting lateral control forces if one is inflated and longitudinal control forces if both are inflated.
An aerodynamic surface distension system for generating control forces on an aircraft, the system comprising: first and second inflatable membranes disposed symmetrically on opposite sides of a forebody portion of the aircraft, each membrane being substantially flush with an outer surface of the forebody portion in a non-deployed position and extending radially outwardly of the forebody outer surface when in a deployed position, and each membrane defining an interior chamber and an exterior surface, the exterior surfaces of the first and second membranes...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 9
- Prince, Troy; Lisy, Frederick J.; Patel, Mehul P.; DiCocco, Jack M.; Carver, Reed; Schmidt, Robert N.. Aircraft and missile forebody flow control device and method of controlling flow. USP2011077977615.
- Prince,Troy; Lisy,Frederick J.; Patel,Mehul P.; DiCocco,Jack M.; Carver,Reed; Schmidt,Robert N.. Aircraft and missile forebody flow control device and method of controlling flow. USP2007067226015.
- Caton John Harold ; Hobey Michael James ; Groeneveld John David ; Jacobs Jack Howard ; Wille Robert Henry ; Brase ; Jr. Lawrence Otto. Control surface for an aircraft. USP2001046209824.
- John Harold Caton ; Michael James Hobey ; John David Groeneveld ; Jack Howard Jacobs ; Robert Henry Wille ; Lawrence Otto. Brase, Jr.. Control surface for an aircraft. USP2002026349903.
- John Cleveland Waldrop, III ES. Elastic ground plane. USP2002016337294.
- Latz John Paul. Shovel nose pneumatic vortex control. USP1999075927645.
- Komerath Narayanan M. ; Darden Leigh Ann ; Magill John C. ; Peterson Kevin G.. Stagnation point vortex controller. USP1998085794887.
- Malmuth, Norman D.; Fedorov, Alexander; Shalaev, Vladimir; Zharov, Vladimir; Shalaev, Ivan; Maslov, Anatoly; Soloviev, Victor. Surface plasma discharge for controlling forebody vortex asymmetry. USP2004096796532.
- Neitzke, Klaus-Peter; Bauer, Karin; Bolzmacher, Christian; Kupke, Winfried. Switchable vortex generator and array formed therewith, and uses of the same. USP2017059650124.