A hybrid inflator for a gas bag safety restraint system for use in a motorized vehicle comprises a compressed supply of stored gas heated by means of a gasless pyrotechnic material in sheet form. The sheeted pyrotechnic material may advantageously be located within the compressed gas storage vessel in a thin container or in direct contact with the gas. The invention also includes a heating element for a hybrid inflator. The preferred pyrotechnic material comprises a substrate of an oxidizing polymeric material for example, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE),...
A hybrid inflator for a gas bag for a vehicle occupant restraint safety system comprising: a gas storage vessel having a sealed exit; a supply of gas stored under pressure in said vessel; a pyrotechnic material effective to heat and expand said supply of gas; initiation means to ignite said pyrotechnic material to heat the supply of gas; and means to open said sealed exit to permit heated gas to flow through said exit to a gas bag when the bag is required to be inflated; wherein said heat generating material comprises pyrotechnic material in sheet form, ...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 19
- Lewis, Robert E.; Bohman, Mats; Staheli, William D.; Taylor, Steve. Adaptive output airbag inflation device. USP2005126976704.
- Rink Karl K. ; Green David J.. Airbag inflation gas generation via a decomposing material with a linear ignition source. USP2001016170867.
- Schroeder David D. (Ogden UT) Hussey Brett (Bountiful UT) Moore Walter A. (Ogden UT). Airbag inflators employing coated porous substrates. USP1997095668345.
- Nance, Christopher J.; Yelverton, John; Hart, Charles; Meadows, Michael. Apparatus for detonating a triaminotrinitrobenzene charge. USP2012108276516.
- Hamilton Brian K. ; Parks Brent A. ; Shimada Toshio,JPX ; Baglini James L.. Compact hybrid inflator. USP1998105821448.
- Krupp, Robert M.. Container for gas generant. USP2016049321426.
- Hennings, George N.; Teschke, Dieter K.; Reynolds, Richard K.. Energetic material initiation device utilizing exploding foil initiated ignition system with secondary explosive material. USP2005086923122.
- Larsen, Alan R.; Nelson, Earl H.. Flexible airbag inflator. USP2005026854764.
- Stevens, Bruce A.; Patterson, Donald B.; Krupp, Robert M.; McCormick, David M.. Gas generating system. USP2013048419057.
- Rink Karl K. ; Green David J. ; Harris Bradley D.. Heat source for airbag inflation gas generation via a dissociating material. USP2001096289814.
- Hamilton Brian K. (Littleton CO) Baglini James L. (Englewood CO). Hybrid inflator. USP1997025602361.
- Hamilton Brian K. (Littleton CO) Baglini James L. (Englewood CO). Hybrid inflator and related propellants. USP1997045616883.
- Hamilton Brian K. (Littleton CO) Baglini James L. (Englewood CO). Hybrid inflator and related propellants. USP1997055627337.
- Hamilton Brian K. (Littleton CO) Parks Brent A. (Englewood CO). Hybrid inflator with a valve. USP1997055630618.
- Hamilton Brian K. ; Parks Brent A.. Hybrid inflator with coaxial chamber. USP1998015711546.
- Sheng Jianping. Inflator structure. USP2000056068290.
- Hamilton Brian K. (Littleton CO) Baglini James L. (Englewood CO). Method of assembling a hybrid inflator. USP1997105679915.
- Hamilton Brian K. (Littleton CO) Baglini James L. (Englewood CO). Method of assembling a hybrid inflator and related propellants. USP1997105675102.
- Rink Karl K. ; Green David J. ; Harris Bradley D. ; Johnson Darrin L.. Pressure vessel inflator having a preformed opening feature. USP2000116145877.