In the preferred embodiment of the invention, a cooled bipropellant thruster 70 for controlling the on-orbit position and orientation of a spacecraft is provided. The cooled bipropellant thruster 70 uses a liquid fuel and liquid oxidizer. The liquid fuel is decomposed in a first chamber 72 with a catalytic bed of decomposition material 74 and produces at least one reaction gas, which flows to the second reaction chamber 90. The second reaction chamber 90 is heated by the reaction gas, but is cooled by liquid oxidizer flowing through cooling passages 92, ...
A thruster for station keeping and attitude control of a spacecraft which also has an apogee engine which is used for the apogee kick phase of a mission, said thruster comprising: a first tank of a non-cryogenic fuel consisting of essentially pure hydrazine which is in a liquid state at ambient temperature; a second tank containing a non-cryogenic oxidizer which is in a liquid state at ambient temperature, said oxidizer being nitrogen tetroxide; said hydrazine tank and oxidizer tank supplying fuel to the apogee engine during the apogee kick phase of the ...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 15
- Hook Dale L. ; Rust Thomas M. ; Rotenberger Scott J.. Dimensionally stable throat insert for rocket thrusters. USP1998095802842.
- Bostwick, Christopher; Garvey, John; Anderson, Christopher; Besnard, Eric. Enhanced liquid oxygen-propylene rocket engine. USP20180910072612.
- Zhang, Teddy; Yang, Hung Chun; Miyamoto, Colin. Injector plate for a rocket engine. USP2017109777674.
- McKinney,Bevin C.; Hudson,Gary C.. Integrated abort rocket and orbital propulsion system. USP2009027484692.
- Morris, Dennis E.; Little, Alfred. Launch abort and orbital maneuver system. USP2014058727283.
- Nelson Steven D. ; Sipes William J. ; Hoffmaster David K.. Mems synthesized divert propulsion system. USP2001016178741.
- Koppel Christophe,FRX ; Valentian Dominique,FRX. Method and a system for launching satellites on non-coplanar orbits, making the use of gravitational assistance from the moon. USP2000056059233.
- Jaeger, Talbot. Method of cooling satlet electronics. USP2016069376222.
- Mueller,Thomas J.. Pintle injector tip with active cooling. USP2009037503511.
- Mango, Frank S.. Propellant management system and method for multiple booster rockets. USP2011098019494.
- Preston, Kenneth G.; Leal, Michael A.; Wilson, Rondell J.; Hussey, Richard C.. Propulsion and maneuvering system with axial thrusters and method for axial divert attitude and control. USP2014058735788.
- Schneider Steven J.. Reduced toxicity fuel satellite propulsion system including axial thruster and ACS thruster combination. USP2001116311477.
- Pinera, Alex. Rocket engine propulsion system. USP2013118572948.
- Sackheim Robert L. ; Bassichis James S. ; Hook Dale L.. Spacecraft attitude and velocity control thruster system. USP2000106135393.
- Capozzi, Ronald; Chilelli, Nicholas; Peyton, Susan; Pritchard, Michael; White, Henry; Hume, Emmett. System and method for controlling a space-borne propulsion system. USP2004066755378.