A method and apparatus for boundary layer control by sucking air off the vortex chambers established in the trailing-edge portion of an aircraft aerodynamic surface. The rate of air bleed is controlled first by increasing it until the boundary layer is attached to the airstreamed surface, then by decreasing the rate of air bleed until the pressure in the trailing-edge aircraft portion starts decreasing. The aircraft equipped with the boundary layer control system, including a number of vortex chambers accommodating streamlined bodies and communicating, t...
A method for controlling the boundary layer on a rear airfoil surface of an aircraft comprising the steps of: providing vortex chambers within the rear airfoil surface, each vortex chamber including a streamlined body disposed therein; sucking air from the chambers; forming bound vortex flows within the chambers and around the streamlined bodies under the effect of a pressure gradient effective in an external airflow; and controlling a rate of air suction from the chambers to minimize energy consumption for maintaining a non-separated airflow over the re...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 16
- Schmidt, Peter. Active and passive boundary layer control for vehicle drag reduction. USP2014108870275.
- Schmidt, Peter. Active and passive boundary layer control for vehicle drag reduction. USP2015119193399.
- Herr, Stefan; Gupta, Anurag; Saddoughi, Seyed Gholamali. Active circulation control of aerodynamic structures. USP2016019239039.
- Huang, Xingzhong. Active vortex control with moveable jet. USP2003126668638.
- Grosche Fritz-Reinhard,DEX ; Bader Viktor,DEX. Apparatus for influencing the flow separation from a body immersed in the flow. USP2001016176454.
- Kozuch, Michael Georg; Hussain, Zahid Muhammad; Britchford, Kevin Mark. Bleed valve. USP20180710036273.
- Stevenson, Nigel Raymond. General radioisotope production method employing PET-style target systems. USP2016029269467.
- Blackner Anthony M.. Jet engine and method for reducing jet engine noise by reducing nacelle boundary layer thickness. USP2000086094907.
- Shchukin,Iliya Lvovich; Shchukin,Andrej Lvovich; Zelvinskij,Semen Mikhajlovich; Lipnitskij,Jurij Mikhajlovich; Isaev,Sergej Aleksandrovich. Method for increasing operating efficiency of the rotor blade of an aerogenerator (variants). USP2007067234921.
- Smith, Brian R.; Maines, Brant H.; Ma, Edward C.; DiGirolamo, Edward A.; Yagle, Patrick J.. Microvanes for aircraft aft body drag reduction. USP2012078226038.
- Atassi, Oliver V.. Nacelle with porous surfaces. USP2015038974177.
- Booher, Sr., Benjamin V.. Parasitic drag induced boundary layer reduction system and method. USP2017079701399.
- Blomeley, Lewis E.. Roadable aircraft with collapsible wings and ductless fan. USP2013088511603.
- Pfennig Juergen,DEX ; Meister Juergen,DEX. Suction device for boundary layer control in an aircraft. USP2001046216982.
- Stevenson, Nigel R.. Tc-99m produced by proton irradiation of a fluid target system. USP2016059336916.
- Gazdzinski Robert F.. Vehicular boundary layer control system and method. USP2000056068328.