A fighter aircraft achieves low aerodynamic drag and radar signature without sacrificing flight performance through a unique arrangement of the main weapons bay, the auxiliary weapons bays, and the main landing gear. Separate main and auxiliary weapons bays permit a narrower fuselage than could be obtained with a single common bay. Also, the auxiliary weapons bays and the landing gear can be aligned outboard of the main weapons bay without needing to increase the length or width of the aircraft. The air intake ducts extend aft from the intake and curve u...
A fighter aircraft, comprising: (a) a streamlined fuselage to provide low aerodynamic drag; (b) a pair of engines mounted in the fuselage; (c) one air intake duct for each engine; each intake being mounted forward on the fuselage; (d) an air intake duct for each engine connecting the respective air intake with the respective engine, wherein each air intake duct (i) curves upward and inward from the air intake to the respective engine; (ii) provides structural support for a main weapons bay mounted in the fuselage, through a wall that is common with or ad...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 20
- McCants Jr., Thomas H.. Air based vertical launch ballistic missile defense. USP2009067540227.
- McCants, Jr., Thomas H.. Air-based vertical launch ballistic missile defense. USP2010127849778.
- McCants, Jr., Thomas H.. Air-based vertical launch ballistic missile defense. USP2011098020482.
- Carr, Robert Jonathan. Aircraft design. USP200402D486776.
- Carr, Robert Jonathan; Higgins, James Michael. Aircraft design. USP200908D598838.
- Wainfan Barnaby Sam ; Liu Yu Ping ; Rihn Daniel R. ; Leggett Douglas William ; Georges Martin James ; Philhower Jeffry Scott ; Shultz Douglas Ellwood ; Boccados Charles. Aircraft engine air intake system. USP2000106138950.
- Wille Robert Henry. Conformable weapons platform. USP1999115988567.
- Gruensfelder Cynthia Ann ; Wille Robert Henry. Expandable aircraft bay and method. USP1999115975463.
- Gruensfelder Cynthia Ann ; Wille Robert Henry ; Ellis James Richard ; Diller Joseph Brice. Expandable aircraft cargo bay and method. USP2000056068215.
- Ellis James R. ; Diller Joseph B.. Expandable aircraft section. USP1998095803405.
- Cameron Dean Emory. Fairing for an expandable bay. USP1999095947417.
- Sands, Fred Charles; Jantzen, Milton D.. Jet engine protection system. USP2011118052767.
- Sands, Fred Charles; Jantzen, Milton D.. Jet engine protection system. USP2011017871455.
- Stephen P. Grossman. Landing gear. USP2002116481668.
- Stephen P. Grossman. Landing gear. USP2002036360990.
- Stephen P. Grossman. Landing gear. USP2002026349901.
- McCants, Jr., Thomas H.. Method for launching a missile. USP2012028113101.
- McCants, Jr., Thomas H.. Method for launching naval mines. USP2012108281697.
- Orosa, John A. Process for launching a cruise missile from an aircraft. USP2018029897413.
- Whitmore, Ian. Structural element of an air vehicle air intake composed of an array of passages with a hexagonal cross section. USP2016119493244.