The present invention describes a pyrotechnic gas generating composition which upon reaction produces a breathable gas. The composition comprises a fuel, an oxidizer and a nitrogen source and can be useful in inflating passive restraint air bags for vehicles. Also disclosed is a method for inflating a passive restraint safety bag with a breathable gas composition of the subject invention.
A gas generating composition comprising about 3 wt % to about 20 wt % of a fuel, about 40 wt % to about 75 wt % of an oxidizer and about 5 wt % to about 25 wt % of a nitrogen producing component wherein the gas generated from the combustion of the composition produces a breathable gas composition having an oxygen content of about 20 to about 40 volume percent oxygen and about 60 to about 80 volume percent nitrogen and wherein the nitrogen producing component is present in sufficient mole percent such that the additional nitrogen gas generated by the nitr...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 16
- Wayne C. Fleming ; Hugh J. McSpadden ; Donald E. Olander. Ammonium nitrate propellants. USP2002046364975.
- Fleming, Wayne C.; McSpadden, Hugh J.; Olander, Donald E.. Ammonium nitrate propellants and methods for preparing the same. USP2005076913661.
- Yoshida Tadao,JPX. Azodicarbonamide containing gas generating composition. USP1999035883330.
- Lundstrom Norman H.. Chlorate-free autoignition compositions and methods. USP2000116143101.
- Blomquist Harold R.. Cool burning ammonium nitrate based gas generating composition. USP2001056231702.
- Blomquist Harold R.. Cool burning gas generating composition. USP2000116143104.
- Yamato Yo,JPX. Gas generating agent with trihydrazino triazine fuel. USP1998065773754.
- Butt Ron J. (Castle Rock CO) Renz ; Jr. Robert N. (Denver CO). Gas generating composition with cyanamide and transition metal nitrate. USP1997085659150.
- Lundstrom Norman H. ; Scheffee Robert S. ; Gresco Aaron J.. Gas generative compositions. USP2000126156137.
- Eiichiro Yoshikawa JP; Ryo Minoguchi JP; Akihiko Kuroiwa JP; Takeshi Kanda JP; Kenjiro Ikeda JP; Makoto Iwasaki JP; Akihiko Tanaka JP; Eishi Sato JP; Dairi Kubo JP; Kaoru Masuda JP; Moriyos. Gas-generating agent for air bag. USP2002076416599.
- Yamato, Yo; Yamazaki, Masayuki. Method of reducing NOx. USP2003116651565.
- Fleming Wayne C. ; McSpadden Hugh J. ; Olander Donald E.. Methods for preparing age-stabilized propellant compositions. USP2000056059906.
- Fleming, Wayne C.; McSpadden, Hugh J.; Olander, Donald E.. Preparation of strengthened ammonium nitrate propellants. USP2004046726788.
- Lundstrom Norman H. ; Greso Aaron J. ; Scheffee Robert S.. Pyrotechnic gas generant composition including high oxygen balance fuel. USP2000076093269.
- Burns Sean P. ; Khandhadia Paresh S.. Smokeless gas generant compositions. USP2000066074502.
- Jones, Mike I.; Baird, Glenn W.; Charlton, Eric F.. System, method and apparatus for windblast reduction during release or ejection from aircraft. USP2011108033504.