Tooling and method for gas assist injection molding of plastics material into a hollowed part in which a mold chamber formed between stationary and movable mold tools is initially charged with an inert gas to provide a resistance force against the flow front of a short shot of plastics melt subsequently injected into the cavity and supplied with a pressurized assist gas so that the velocity of the flow front of the short shot expanded by the assist gas in the mold chamber is modulated by the controlled release of the retarding chamber charge gas to preve...
A method of gas assist injection molding of a quantity of plastics melt into a hollow stabilized plastics article with minimized plastics flow hesitation lines comprising the steps of: a. pressurizing a profiled mold chamber within mold tooling with an inert charging gas, b. injecting a short shot of heated plastics melt having a volume less than the volume of said chamber into said chamber while displacing said pressurized charging gas by said short shot of plastics melt, c. injecting pressurized molding assist gas into said short shot of plastics melt ...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 15
- Guergov Milko G.. Gas assisted injection molding with controlled internal melt pressure. USP2000026019918.
- Gedritis, David Anthony; Bull, Kevin Allen. Gas-assisted two-shot injection molding process. USP2003096623688.
- Guergov Milko G.. Injection control system. USP1998025716561.
- Heuchert John Michael. Injection mold internal pressure equalization system and method. USP1999125997797.
- Johnson,Daniel R.; Yorde,Andrew G.. Light weight plastic trim parts and methods of making same. USP2007067229578.
- Niewels,Joachim Johannes. Method and apparatus for controlling a vent gap with active material elements. USP2009017481642.
- Guergov Milko G.. Method and apparatus for injecting a molten material into a mold cavity. USP1998035728329.
- Michelle McKenna ; Angela Reid-Haqq ; John F. Cline ; Edward J. Gabrielski. Method for injection molding manufacture of controlled release devices. USP2002056394094.
- Hendry, James W.. Method for injection molding of plastic materials using gas holding pressure in mold. USP2005026855280.
- Matsumoto, Masahito; Usui, Nobuhiro. Mold for production of hollow thermoplastic resin molded article, and process for production of hollow thermoplastic resin molded article using the same. USP2003016506335.
- Murphy John F.. Mold for use in a gas-assisted injection molding system and runner shut-off subsystem for use therein. USP2000056062842.
- Matsumoto Masahito,JPX ; Usui Nobuhiro,JPX. Mold useful in the production of hollow thermoplastic molded articles. USP2000086106260.
- Rice, Frank J.; Laabs, Jr., Bruce A.; Knicklebine, Dave P.. Molded article having hollow rim portion and process for producing articles. USP2005056887406.
- Todd Andres. Molded non-abrasive substrate carrier for use in polishing operations. USP2002086439984.
- Zhang, Chun; Liang, Zhiyong; Wang, Ben; Shih, Chiang. System for in-situ and on-line monitoring of a perform layup process for liquid composite molding. USP2003036532799.