A method for forming a stable bimodal emulsion comprises admixing a viscous hydrocarbon with an aqueous buffer solution under controlled conditions so as to obtain a first monomodal emulsion having an average hydrocarbon droplet size of less than 5 microns. The monomodal emulsion is thereafter diluted with water and additional viscous hydrocarbon is admixed with the diluted monomodal emulsion under a second mixing energy sufficient to produce a bimodal emulsion wherein the average small hydrocarbon droplet size is less than or equal to 5 microns and the ...
A method for forming stable bimodal emulsions of viscous hydrocarbons in aqueous buffer solutions comprising the steps of: (a) providing a viscous hydrocarbon containing an inactive natural surfactant; (b) forming an aqueous buffer solution comprising water, an alkali additive in an amount of greater than or equal to about 30 ppm and a water soluble amine buffer additive in an amount of greater than or equal to about 4,000 ppm wherein the pH of the aqueous buffer solution is greater than or equal to about 11; (c) mixing the viscous hydrocarbon with the ...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 19
- Kresnyak, Steve; Bunio, Gary. Carbon dioxide enriched flue gas injection for hydrocarbon recovery. USP2010087770640.
- Coleman, Gerald N.; Sibley, James E.. Constant heating value aqueous fuel mixture and method for formulating the same. USP2003126656236.
- Layrisse Ignacio A.,VEX ; Romero Nilia C,VEX ; Nunez Gustavo A.,VEX. Emulsion with coke additive in hydrocarbon phase and process for preparing same. USP2000056069178.
- Hotto, Robert. Enhanced efficiency turbine. USP2015069059440.
- Hotto, Robert. Enhanced efficiency turbine. USP2010107818969.
- Kresnyak,Steve; Bunio,Gary. Flue gas injection for heavy oil recovery. USP2008037341102.
- Cemenska Richard A. ; Coleman Gerald N. ; Cortes Carlos H. ; Jakush Ed ; Scheuermann Ted. W.. Fuel emulsion blending system. USP1999025873916.
- Richard A. Cemenska ; Gerald N. Coleman ; Ted W. Scheuermann. Fuel emulsion blending system. USP2002096447556.
- Kresnyak,Steve; Warchol,Edward. Method for converting heavy oil residuum to a useful fuel. USP2007107279017.
- Moncrieff, Vaughn M.; Waldron, Jack L.; Grimes, Patrick; Gunnerman, Rudolf W.. Method for manufacturing an emulsified fuel. USP2012098262748.
- Moncrieff, Vaughn M.; Waldron, Jack L.; Grimes, Patrick; Gunnerman, Rudolf W.. Method for manufacturing an emulsified fuel. USP2014038663343.
- Moncrieff,Vaughn M.; Waldron,Jack L.; Grimes,Patrick; Gunnerman,Rudolf W.. Method for manufacturing an emulsified fuel. USP2008037344570.
- Moriyama Noboru,JPX ; Hiraki Akio,JPX ; Ichinose Toshimitsu,JPX ; Sakamoto Koichi,JPX. Method for producing superheavy oil emulsion fuel and fuel produced thereby. USP1998125851245.
- Rivas Hercilio,VEX. Multiple emulsion and method for preparing same. USP1999055902227.
- Rivas Hercilio,VEX ; Gutierrez Xiomara,VEX ; Cardenas Antonio E.,VEX ; Morles Amanda,VEX. Natural surfactant with amines and ethoxylated alcohol. USP1998085792223.
- Johnson Keith H. ; Zhang Bin. Stabilized water nanocluster-fuel emulsions designed through quantum chemistry. USP1999125997590.
- Haldeman Charles W. ; Ahern Brian S. ; Johnson Keith H.. Supercritical water fuel composition and combustion system. USP2000016010544.
- Johnson Keith H. ; Zhang Bin ; Clark Harry C.. Water clusters and uses therefor. USP1998095800576.
- Nohara Hirotsugu,JPX. Water/oil emulsion fuel. USP2001106296676.