The present invention provides a fast, low-cost, small diverter capable of generating a relatively high impulse (1-5 N-sec) over a short time period. The diverter is adapted for installation in a projectile for steering the projectile in flight by ejecting an end cap in response to control signals from a guidance system. In one embodiment, multiple diverters are arranged in one or more bands about a flying projectile such as a rocket. Each diverter includes a header assembly providing a mounting surface and support for a plurality of electrical leads, a ...
1. A projectile diverter, comprising:a header assembly providing a mounting surface and support for a plurality of electrical leads; a reactive semiconductor bridge mounted on the mounting surface of the header assembly and providing an electrical path for the electrical leads at a certain voltage across the bridge; a diverter body supporting the header assembly and containing a prime, wherein the reactive semiconductor bridge ignites the prime; and an end cap attached to the diverter body and containing a propellant, wherein the rapid burning of the pro...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 14
- Hultman, John A.. Adjustable range munition. USP2013128618455.
- Morgan, Robert W; Borg, Eric J; Leal, Michael A; Nicholl, Adam D. Air vehicle with bilateral steering thrusters. USP2015069068808.
- O'Dwyer, James Michael. Directional control of missiles. USP2005056889935.
- Heitmann,Thomas; Schwenzer,Michael. Lateral thrust control. USP2006107118065.
- Gnemmi, Patrick; Rey, Christian. Low voltage device for the generation of plasma discharge to operate a supersonic or hypersonic apparatus. USP2010017645969.
- Low, Richard; Deeds, Michael; Jean, Daniel L.; Hovland, Christopher. MEMS control surface for projectile steering. USP2009127628352.
- Boucher,Craig J.; Marshall,Paul N.; Novotney,David B.. Ordinance firing system for land vehicle. USP2007107278658.
- Boucher, Craig J.; Marshall, Paul N.; Novotney, David B.. Ordnance firing system. USP2003076584907.
- Boucher, Craig J.; Marshall, Paul N.; Novotney, David B.. Ordnance firing system. USP2005056889610.
- Folsom,Mark; Piper, III,Charles; Fahey,Wm. David; McGowan,Jared M.. Projectile diverter. USP2006027004423.
- Gnemmi,Patrick; Charon,Romain; Samirant,Michel. Projectile steering by plasma discharge. USP2006027002126.
- Brinkerhoff, Robert S.; Mahnken, Michael J.; Loehr, Richard D.; Cook, James M. System and method for attitude control of a flight vehicle using pitch-over thrusters. USP2010127851732.
- Brinkerhoff, Robert S.; Mahnken, Michael J.; Loehr, Richard D.; Cook, James M.. System and method for attitude control of a flight vehicle using pitch-over thrusters and application to an active protection system. USP2011087989743.
- Bittle,David A.; Jimmerson,Gary T.; Cothran,Julian L.. Trajectory correction kit. USP2008087416154.