A fan case assembly includes a noise attenuation layer that is covered by a face sheet. The face sheet includes a first plurality of openings. The noise attenuation layer includes a plurality of individual cells that are in communication with at least one of the first plurality of openings. Noise energy is communicated through the first plurality of openings into the individual cells and dissipated to reduce noise emissions. A seam in the face sheet is covered to protect the underlying noise attenuation layer from damage by a retainer. The retainer is b...
What is claimed is: 1. A liner assembly for a duct comprising: a noise attenuation layer; a face sheet covering said noise attenuation layer including a first plurality of openings and a seam; and a retainer covering said seam including a second plurality of openings for communicating sound energy through said retainer and said face sheet to said noise attenuation layer, wherein said second plurality of openings extend through said retainer and a portion of said face sheet underlying said retainer. 2. A liner assembly for a duct comprising: a noise a...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (11)
- Porte, Alain; Pascal, Nathalie; Thezelais, Sylvain; Rambaud, Eric. Acoustically resistive layer for an acoustical attenuation panel, panel using such a layer. USP2004086772857.
- Hart-Smith Leonard J. (Long Beach CA). Aircraft skin lap splice. USP1994035297760.
- Stretton, Richard G; Udall, Kenneth F. Cowl structure for a gas turbine engine. USP2005056892526.
- Wollaston Tim,GBX ; Pedwell Richard,GBX ; Bush Paul,GBX. Friction welding metal components. USP2001126328261.
- Wilkinson Wilfred H. (Turnditch GB2). Metal cavitated sandwich structures. USP1979074161231.
- Anderson Robert E. (Huntington Station NY) Parente Charles A. (Oyster Bay NY). One-piece engine inlet acoustic barrel. USP1996125581054.
- Buge, Michel; Porte, Alain; Poignonec, Jean-Marc. Process for making a panel with a protected acoustic damping layer and acoustic panel as made. USP2004116820337.
- Dublineau, Pascal; Buge, Michel; Porte, Alain. Process for the production of holes particularly micro-perforations in a composite material, device for its practice and sound damping layer constituted by said material. USP2005086923931.
- Shuttleworth Richard G. (South Windsor CT) Snyder Gene R. (Vernon CT). Sound absorbing structure. USP1981104293053.
- Porte, Alain. Tubular acoustic attenuation piece for an aircraft jet engine air intake. USP2004076761245.
- Readnour Jack L. (Ft. Mitchell KY) Wright Jack D. (Mason OH). Variable contour annular air inlet for an aircraft engine nacelle. USP1991035000399.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 10
- Lussier, Darin S.; Robertson, Jr., Thomas J.; Costa, Mark W.; Voleti, Sreenivasa R.; Naik, Rajiv A.. Composite fan containment case assembly. USP2014038672609.
- Welch, John M.; Strunk, John Thomas; Kitt, Brian R.. Method for bonding honeycomb cores. USP2012088251174.
- Maze, Franck; Moutier, John. Method for manufacturing a sound attenuation panel. USP2015109162747.
- Ali, Amr; Qiu, Yuan J.. Multi-splice acoustic liner. USP2013128602156.
- Bornert-Dano, Veronique. Panel for acoustic treatment comprising a junction between two parts and process for the reparation of a panel for acoustic treatment. USP2013068469146.
- Ayle, Earl; Burchett, Rickey L.. Splicing of curved acoustic honeycomb. USP2014128905189.
- Ayle, Earl; Burchett, Rickey L.. Splicing of curved acoustic honeycomb. USP2013118579076.
- Douglas, Alan Richard. System for joining acoustic cellular panel sections in edge-to-edge relation. USP2011017866440.
- Douglas, Alan Richard. System for joining acoustic cellular panel sections in edge-to-edge relation. USP2011108028797.
- Costa, Mark W.; Brown, Charles; Foose, Andrew S.. Zero acoustic splice fan case liner. USP2010097797809.