A valve assembly includes a nitrogen enriched airflow control valve, a first stage surge control valve and a second stage surge control valve respectively arranged in a passage downstream of an air separation module, and in first and second surge control passages. The valves are in a ganged relationship or connected to one another such they move with one another in response to an input from a common actuator. The surge control valves open as the nitrogen enriched airflow control valve is moved to provide a smaller area.
What is claimed is: 1. An on-board inert gas generation system comprising: first and second compressors in fluid communication with one another; an air separation module with a passageway fluidly connecting the air separation module with the second compressor, the second compressor fluidly arranged between the air separation module and the first compressor; and first and second surge control passages respectively in fluid communication with outlets of the first and second compressors, the surge control passages venting to atmosphere in response to first...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (5)
- Schwalm,Gregory. Ejector to reduce permeate backpressure of air separation module. USP2007027175692.
- Leigh,James E.; Fellague,Kader A.; Isella,Giorgio C.; Roach,Paul J.. Gas generating system and method for inerting aircraft fuel tanks. USP2006077081153.
- Defrancesco, Gregory; Zywiak, Thomas; Hipsky, Harold W.. Low power nitrogen enriched air generation system. USP2005076913636.
- Jones, Philip E.. Modular on-board inert gas generating system. USP2004056729359.
- Jones, Philip E.; Scott, Richard E.. On-board inert gas generating system optimization by pressure scheduling. USP2004056739359.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 14
- Beeson, William. Determining oxygen concentration in ullage using catalytic oxidation. USP2014038663996.
- DeFrancesco, Gregory L.; Rebours, Renaud. Dispatch critical fuel tank inerting system for aircraft. USP2012048147579.
- Elder, James S.. Heat exchanger system. USP2017059658005.
- Beeson, William Joseph. Heated blanket for air separation module. USP2012028110027.
- Stradinger, Jay. High temperature position sensor. USP2014058736285.
- Surawski, Eric. Inert gas distribution arrangement. USP2012118313061.
- Huber, Frank; Sonner, Markus. Intercooler. USP2016059328653.
- Wilde, Andrew; Bossut, Jean-Claude; Revel, Marc; Hayles, Alan John; Dayal, Ruchir; Kendall, Hannah. Method and apparatus for cooling fuel in an aircraft fuel tank. USP2014068757550.
- Massey, Alan. On board inert gas generation system with rotary positive displacement compressor. USP2016059346555.
- Surawski, Eric; Falke, Brigitte B.; Hurst, James P.. On-board inert gas generation system with air separation module temperature control. USP2010117828874.
- Kelnhofer, Juergen. System for cooling a heat exchanger on board an aircraft. USP2016039284057.
- Bizzarro, Peter. Valve defining modulated and unmodulated flow paths. USP2009097584782.
- Bizzarro, Peter. Valve defining modulated and unmodulated flow paths. USP2012118307853.
- Gibbons, Kevin; Marocchini, Francis P.; Leutwiler, Tomas R.. Wash filter with wash velocity control cone. USP2012118313656.