A machine vision vehicle wheel alignment system optical target assembly which incorporates an adaptor for attachment of an optical target to a vehicle wheel assembly. The adaptor includes a circular sinusoidal edge for seating in a non-determined position against surfaces of a vehicle wheel assembly, and a pair of pivoting arm assemblies capable of independent movement which are configured to position tire hooks for gripping the tread surfaces of a tire mounted to the wheel rim. Forces exerted between the pivoting arms are transferred to the tire hooks t...
The invention claimed is: 1. An optical target assembly adapted to secure an optical target relative to a vehicle wheel assembly consisting of a wheel rim and a tire mounted thereon, comprising: a base assembly having a distal end surface configured for non-determined abutting placement against an outer surface of the vehicle wheel assembly between the circumferential lip of the wheel rim and an axial center point of the wheel rim; an optical target secured to said base assembly; and a pair of pivoting arm assemblies pivotally coupled to said base assem...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- January Daniel B.. Apparatus and method for determining vehicle wheel alignment measurements from three dimensional wheel positions and ori. USP1998035724128.
- January Daniel B. ; Burns ; Jr. Leigh R. ; Colarelli ; III Nicholas J.. Apparatus and method for determining vehicle wheel alignment measurements from three dimensional wheel positions and orientations. USP2000056064750.
- Bremer Genter (Bondorf DEX). Arrangement for the mounting of measuring devices of axle measurement equipments. USP1986034573275.
- Ohnesorge Axel,DEX. Axle measurement holder to fasten a measuring head to the rim of a vehicle wheel. USP1999115987761.
- Muller Patrice,FRX ; Coetsier Paul,FRX. Device for the geometric inspection of vehicles. USP1999035886781.
- Jackson, David A.. Glint-resistant position determination system. USP2003036526665.
- Jackson Bernie Fergus. Method and apparatus for determining the alignment of motor vehicle wheels. USP2000116148528.
- January Daniel B.. Method and apparatus for determining wheel alignment optical target orientation parameters. USP2000106134792.
- Stieff,Michael T.; Meyer,Gregory F.; Golab,Thomas J.; Dorrance,Daniel R.; Shylanski,Mark S.. Method and apparatus for vehicle service system optical target. USP2008117444752.
- Ragan Marshall P. (Mayflower AR). Truck wheel clamp with floating spindle plate. USP1983034377038.
- Maioli Franco,ITX ; Ferrari Gino,ITX. Universal self-centering device for heads or sensors for checking the trim of the wheels of motor vehicles in general. USP2000106131293.
- Boyce William A. (Huntington Beach CA). Vehicle alignment apparatus and methods. USP1984024433489.
- Henter Theodore C. (127 E. Montgomery Crrds. Savannah GA 31406). Wheel aligning apparatus. USP1979104172326.
- Dorrance, Daniel R.; Colarelli, III, Nicholas J.; Strege, Timothy A.; Golab, Thomas J.; Voeller, David; Shylanski, Mark S.. Wheel alignment apparatus and method utilizing three-dimensional imaging. USP2005056894771.
- Pascoal Luis N. (Rua Edmundo Navarro de Andrade 1700 Campinas ; SP ; CEP 13100 BRX). Wheel position gauging device. USP1991095048192.