An exhaust system includes a tubular inner shell for passing therethrough exhaust gases from a combustion engine, and a tubular outer shell enclosing the tubular inner shell and cooperating therewith to define a sound silencing chamber into which the exhaust gases are introduced. The tubular inner shell forms an inner peripheral wall of the sound silencing chamber, and an upstream portion of the inner peripheral wall is formed with a perforated wall area having a plurality of communicating perforations for communicating between an interior of the tubular...
What is claimed is: 1. An exhaust system for a combustion engine, which comprises:a tubular inner shell for passage therethrough of exhaust gases from the combustion engine, the tubular inner shell having upstream and downstream portions opposite to each other with respect to the direction of flow of the exhaust gases from the combustion engine;a tubular outer shell enclosing the tubular inner shell and cooperating with the tubular inner shell to define a sound silencing chamber between the tubular inner shell and the tubular outer shell for receiving th...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (20)
- Tobias, Mark. Audible tuning apparatus for a muffler. USP2003026520285.
- Fujitsubo Isamu (Yokohama JPX). Automobile muffler. USP1989064842096.
- Flugger Ray T. (Santa Rosa CA). Converging, corridor-based, sound-attenuating muffler and method. USP1989034809812.
- Proksch ; Frederick D.. Device for reducing engine exhaust noise. USP1978024076099.
- Kawamata, Noriyuki; Koishi, Hiroaki; Kurata, Kou. Exhaust apparatus for vehicle. USP2005116968922.
- Bancel Guy H. (83 ; rue Petit 75019 Paris FRX) Varigas Francois N. E. (Paris FRX). Exhaust device for internal combustion engines. USP1980104226298.
- Kicinski Kenneth J. (Stoughton WI) Printiss ; Sr. Frederick H. (Stoughton WI) Jasensky Richard J. (Stoughton WI). Exhaust muffler with protective shield. USP1984124487289.
- Yamaguchi Hideki,JPX ; Bunya Osamu,JPX ; Kawamata Noriyuki,JPX. Exhaust system for vehicle. USP1999105969299.
- Birkel Jeffrey F. ; Corcoran Paul T.. Inverted cone tuned exhaust system. USP1999075925857.
- Flugger Ray T. (4810 Roblar Rd. Petaluma CA 94952). Lightweight muffler and method for muffling noise. USP1980094220219.
- Wall Alan T. (24291 Donner Ct. Laguna Niguel CA 92677). Modular muffler for motor vehicles. USP1994125371331.
- Martin Mack M. (7212 Grand Blvd. Houston TX 77054). Muffler diffuser. USP1982044325459.
- Flugger, Ray T.. Muffler for exhaust gases. USP1985114550799.
- May Daniel A.. Muffler/exhaust extractor and method. USP1999105962822.
- Angelo Theodore G. ; Hamrin John ; Stenersen Eivind ; Hiemstra John ; Wagner Wayne M. ; Wiegandt Ted J.. Mufflers for use with engine retarders; and methods. USP2000076082487.
- Jones Adrian D. (Edwardstown AUX). Perforate tube muffler. USP1983024371053.
- Tseo Gudin (San Diego CA). Slanted cavity resonator. USP1977124064961.
- Burton John E. (707 W. Court St. Ludington MI 49431). Supplemental spark arrester and silencer. USP1996045509947.
- Shin-Seng Lin (No. 48 ; Alley 34 ; Lane 165 ; Chung-San E. Rd. ; Sec. 3 Chung-Li City ; Taoyuan Hsien TWX). Tail pipe for drafting engine exhaust gas. USP1988124792014.
- Sheehan Russell T. (2853 Frembes Waterford MI 48329). Triple cone exhaust wave tuner. USP1993055214254.