There is disclosed a solid fuel rocket motor which may include a case and a nozzle coupled to the case. A plurality of fuel pellets may be disposed within the case. An igniter may be disposed to ignite at least a portion of the fuel pellets. A pellet retainer may be positioned within the case to retain the plurality of fuel pellets within the case. The pellet retainer may be perforated to allow exhaust gases to flow from the ignited fuel pellets to the nozzle while preventing unburned fuel pellets from being expelled through the nozzle.
1. A solid fuel rocket motor comprising a casea propellant comprising a plurality of fuel pellets disposed within the casean igniter disposed to ignite at least some of the plurality of fuel pelletsa nozzle coupled to the casea pellet retainer disposed within the casewherein the pellet retainer is perforated to allow exhaust gases to flow from the ignited fuel pellets to the nozzle while preventing unburned fuel pellets from being expelled through the nozzle, andwherein a total of the area of the perforations in the pellet retainer is greater than a cros...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (13)
- Katoh Masayoshi (Kawagoe JPX) Ishii Takashi (Tokyo JPX) Nagaoka Tadahiko (Sayama JPX). Combusting device for generation of a combustion gas. USP1981024249673.
- Barnes Michael W. (Brigham City UT) Taylor Robert D. (Hyrum UT). Gas generant compositions containing amine nitrates plus basic copper (II) nitrate and/or cobalt(III) triammine trinitra. USP1997035608183.
- Daniel W. Doll ; Gary K. Lund ; Craig D. Hughes ; Marc A. Hall ; David J. Macon. Gas generating eject motor. USP2002036352030.
- Osofsky Irving B. (28327 San Nicolas Dr. Rancho Palos Verdes CA 90274). High velocity impulse rocket. USP1995085440993.
- Stevens, George L.. Igniter pellet cup. USP1985094539910.
- Martins, Laura J.; Cragun, Richard B.; Lund, Gary K.; Wells, Michael V.; Mancini, Vincent E.. Method of making multi-base propellants from pelletized nitrocellulose. USP2004026692655.
- Lundstrom Norman H.. Monopropellant and propellant compositions including mono and polyaminoguanidine dinitrate. USP2000046045638.
- Cesaroni,Anthony J.; Dennett,Michael J.; Louwers,Jeroen. Propellant system for solid fuel rocket. USP2006047022196.
- Krishnan, Vinu B.. Propulsion from combustion of solid propellant pellet-projectiles. USP2005116968676.
- Krishnan,Vinu B.. Propulsion from combustion of solid propellant pellet-projectiles. USP2007037194852.
- Alan Z. Glasser. Propulsion system. USP2002036357357.
- Canterberry J. B. (Taft TN) Flanigan David A. (Ogden UT). Rapid burning propellant charge for automobile air bag inflators, rocket motors, and igniters therefor. USP1991065024160.
- Cavalleri, Robert J.; Olden, Thomas A.. Rocket motor with pellet and bulk solid propellants. USP2010037685940.