Electric vehicle powertrains, highway vehicles, and methods of manufacturing vehicles have dual belts driving wheels from two electric motors. Embodiments have a centrally-located transmission housing containing two belts and pulleys, and motors are mounted outside of the housing. A battery may power the motors and an internal combustion engine may power wheels on the other end of the vehicle through a separate transmission. Each belt may have a tensioner and drive shafts may have universal joints and decouplers. The transmission may have a central wall ...
1. An electric vehicle powertrain comprising: a housing comprising a left wall and a right wall, the left wall having an inboard side facing the right wall and an outboard side facing away from the right wall, and the right wall having an inboard side facing the left wall and an outboard side facing away from the left wall, wherein the left wall and the right wall each have a motor shaft relief and a drive shaft relief;a left electric motor mounted on the outboard side of the left wall at the motor shaft relief in the left wall and having a rotatable mot...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- Hanagan Michael W.. Battery-powered vehicle. USP1999105960901.
- Miller Russell F. (Grafton WI) Brown William H. (Memomonee Falls WI) Perkins James M. (Milwaukee WI). Debris deflector for belt drive motorcycles. USP1983014366880.
- Albert W. Brown. Dual Drive continuously variable transmission. USP2002066398679.
- Gotta, Bruce. Dual motor axle-driven generator system for electric vehicles. USP2005056886647.
- McKee Robert S. (411 W. Colfax St. Palatine IL 60067). Electric vehicle having backbone containing tray of power cells. USP1976103983952.
- Janson, David A.; Baldwin, Reid A.. Hybrid electric drive system for a motor vehicle. USP2009057537534.
- Janson,David; Baldwin,Reid. Hybrid electric vehicle powertrain with four-wheel drive characteristics. USP2008127462121.
- King, Robert Dean; Salasoo, Lembit. Hybrid vehicle and method of assembling same. USP2010087780562.
- Opitz Douglas G. (West Bend WI). Motorcycle belt guard cover. USP199402D344255.
- Schanz John W. ; Lockwitz Gary ; Dennert R. Bruce ; Albulushi Jalal M. ; Kuntz Kenneth W. ; Zimmerman Thomas E. ; Leppanen Robert L.. Motorcycle drive assembly with improved transmission-to-engine mounting. USP2001066241040.
- Wiers Paul C. (Milwaukee WI). Motorcycle rear wheel suspension. USP1995115469930.
- Man,Laszlo; Reik,Wolfgang; Muller,Bruno. Power train for use in motor vehicles and the like. USP2006107114585.
- Prior Ronald E. (4915 Industrial Way Coeur d\Alene ID 83814). Power wheelchair with transmission using multiple motors per drive wheel. USP1993105253724.
- Phillip E. Schlangen. Powered wheelchair. USP2002046375209.
- Rosemeier, Thomas; Pelchen, Christoph; Mair, Ulrich; Baasch, Detlef. Vehicle with a drive engine arranged in the transverse direction of the vehicle. USP2009107601086.