A compressor bleed air valve in an auxiliary power unit (“APU”) modulates bleed air flow both for accessory pneumatic systems powered by the bleed air and for reducing or removing surge in the compressor.
1. An auxiliary power unit (APU) comprising: a compressor that compresses air flowing into the APU;a combustor connected to the compressor to receive a portion of the compressed air;a turbine for receiving combustion gas from the combustor;an exhaust downstream of the turbine; anda bleed air valve that modulates a flow of air bled from the compressor, the bleed air valve comprising: a primary conduit connected between the compressor and a pneumatic system;a secondary conduit in flow communication with the primary conduit and connected to the exhaust; and...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (11)
- Thompson,Robert G.. Auxiliary power unit control method and system. USP2008057367193.
- Stokes, Richard F.; Timm, James D.; LaCroix, Stephen R.; Adams, Milton R.. Compressor bleed air control apparatus and method. USP1983044380893.
- Stokes Richard F. (Phoenix AZ) Timm James D. (Tempe AZ) LaCroix Stephen R. (Scottsdale AZ) Adams Milton R. (Tempe AZ). Compressor bleed air control apparatus and methods. USP1984014428194.
- Mowill R. Jan,NLX. Convectively cooled, single stage, fully premixed controllable fuel/air combustor with tangential admission. USP1998065765363.
- White Robert C. (La Mesa CA). Direct drive motorized acutator control for bleed valves. USP1989014794760.
- Walsh, Philip P.; Fletcher, Paul. Gas turbine engine. USP2005036865891.
- Young ; Richard N.. Independent power generator. USP1978054091613.
- Hagshenas,Bezhad. Thermal management for aircraft auxiliary power unit compartment. USP2008037337605.
- Chen Daih-Yeou ; Frost Cristopher ; Heydrich Hans ; Pardington Ronald B.. Tri-mode combustion system. USP2000086101806.
- Speer Stephen R. (Spokane WA). Turbine engine having combustor air precooler. USP1991055012646.
- Thompson, Robert G.. Turbocharged auxiliary power unit with controlled high speed spool. USP2004056735951.