A solid oxide fuel cell system including electric resistance elements for heating of space and components within the “hot zone” enclosure of the system, preferably in combination with means for using “waste” heat from other sources, to assist in warm-up from a cold start and/or to maintain a stand-by temperature of reformer and fuel cell elements within the system and/or to maintain optimum operating temperatures within the system during periods of very low electrical demand on the system. A method is included for using off-peak grid electricity, battery...
1. A fuel cell system having an enclosure containing components having an operating temperature sufficiently high to produce electricity, said fuel cell system comprising: at least one electrical resistance heating element disposed within said enclosure for heating said components to a temperature near said operating temperature; anda storage heater for storing thermal energy generated by said electrical resistance heating element when surplus electricity is available;wherein said storage heater is disposed within said enclosure. 2. A fuel cell system in...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (11)
- Nomura,Noboru; Fukunaga,Takashi; Suzuki,Jiro. Cogeneration vehicle system utilizing a fuel cell car and a mobile unit as a component of the system. USP2006057040430.
- Ngy Srun Ap FR. Cooling device for electric vehicle with fuel cell. USP2002096448535.
- Ogawa, Takayuki; Imaseki, Mitsuharu; Ushio, Takeshi; Saitou, Katsumi; Yoshikawa, Mamoru. Cooling system for fuel cell powered vehicle and fuel cell powered vehicle employing the same. USP2005036860349.
- Geisbrecht,Rodney A.; Holcombe,Norman T.. Direct fired reciprocating engine and bottoming high temperature fuel cell hybrid. USP2006026994930.
- Yoshizawa, Koudai; Iiyama, Akihiro; Higashi, Shugo; Hagans, Patrick L.. Fuel cell system, and method of protecting a fuel cell from freezing. USP2005106955861.
- Kaupert, Andreas; Eberspach, G?nter. Heating system for a vehicle. USP2005036871790.
- Lehmeier Jurgen,DEX ; Reiter Kurt,DEX ; Stief Gerald,DEX. High-temperature fuel cell system and method for its operation. USP1999085942344.
- Assarabowski, Richard J.; Unkert, William T.; Bach, Leonard A.; Grasso, Albert P.; Olsommer, Benoit Charles. Method and apparatus for preventing water in fuel cell power plants from freezing during storage. USP2004096797421.
- Yoshikawa, Mamoru; Sato, Hiroyuki; Kimura, Kiyoshi; Mogi, Seiichi. Motor structure of an electric vehicle. USP2005126973982.
- Kelly, Sean M.; Haltiner, Jr., Karl J.; Faville, Michael T.; Schumann, David R.. Solid-oxide fuel cell system having an integrated reformer and waste energy recovery system. USP2005076921596.
- Lamm Arnold,DEX. Vehicle having a driving internal-combustion engine and having a fuel cell system for the power supply to electric consuming devices of the vehicle and method for operating such a vehicle. USP2001116311650.