A method and apparatus are used to form a corrugated web having a cross sectional shape with at least one characteristic that varies substantially continuously along the substantially the entire length of the web. The apparatus includes multiple sets of dies which progressively form corrugations in a moving sheet. At least one characteristic of the web's cross sectional shape is varied along the entire length of the web by displacing the dies as the sheet moves through the die sets.
1. A method for forming a corrugated web, comprising: moving a sheet of material through a forming station;using multiple sets of dies at the forming station to progressively form corrugations in a machine direction of the sheet as the sheet moves in a machine direction through the forming station; andchanging at least one characteristic of wavelength or amplitude of the cross sectional shape of the web by displacing at least certain of the dies as the sheet is moving through the forming station, wherein the characteristic varies continuously between a f...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (18)
- Leon, Luis R.; Olivadoti, Joseph R.. Adjustable corrugation apparatus and method. USP2004126834525.
- Meister, Juergen. Aircraft component exposed to streaming surrounding air. USP2010037673832.
- Stuhr, Victor; Prichard, Alan Keith; Olivadoti, Joseph R.. Aircraft wings having continuously tailored structural strength. USP2012108292227.
- Frey Luther R. (Peck KS). Apparatus and method for forming a corrugated sheet from a flat thermoplastic sheet. USP1986094610837.
- Haszler, Alfred Johann Peter; Sampath, Desikan; Mechsner, Klaus Alfons. Composite aluminium panel. USP2005026848233.
- Wittebrood, Adrianus Jacobus. Composite metal panel. USP2003076599645.
- Brandon, Anthony S.; Johnson, Ryan W.; Renninger, James A.. Fiber reinforced core panel. USP2010127851048.
- Hammer Robert H. (Kirkland WA). Hybrid composite structures. USP1982084344995.
- Starke, Peter. Impact-absorbing structural component. USP2009077566489.
- Earl Gary L. (Hoquiam WA) Goodwin William A. (Longview WA). Laminate sheet material. USP1997095670238.
- McWithey Robert R. (Newport News VA) Royster Dick M. (Hampton VA) Bales Thomas T. (Newport News VA). Metal matrix composite structural panel construction. USP1983104411380.
- Yamauchi,Takumi. Method and apparatus for pressing sheet material. USP2008087415860.
- Brunson Gordon Wayne. Method and apparatus for skew corrugating foil. USP1998045735158.
- Donecker Peter Gregory ; Varholak ; Jr. Lawrence Nicholas ; Schmitz Mark John ; Goodridge Harold Marion ; Lauder Jeffrey A. ; Skaggs Kirk Douglas. Method for fabricating a corrugated composite channel. USP1999035882462.
- Kowal William (St. Leonard CAX). Process for molding and curing a composite skin-stiffeners assembly. USP1988014721593.
- Gillespie Timothy E.. Reduced amplitude corrugated web spar. USP1998125848765.
- Wright, John T.. Structural panels with metal faces and corrugated plastic core. USP200404RE38508.
- Westre Willard N. ; Allen-Lilly Heather C. ; Ayers Donald J. ; Cregger Samuel E. ; Evans David W. ; Grande Donald L. ; Hoffman Daniel J. ; Rogalski Mark E. ; Rothschilds Robert J.. Titanium-polymer hybrid laminates. USP2000096114050.