A self-regulating system for reducing concentration of hydrocarbon vapor in a container may be performed by introducing air into the container and extracting a mixture of air and vapor from the container. The extracted mixture may be compressed with a compressor to produce a flow of compressed mixture of air and vapor. The compressed mixture may be passed through an oxidation reactor that may be either catalytic or thermal to produce a flow air and CO2. A turbine may be driven with the flow of air and CO2. The compressor may be driven with the turbine. E...
1. An inerting system for an aircraft fuel tank comprising: a compressor with an inlet connected to the aircraft fuel tank and an outlet connected to a coalescer;a driving turbine connected to drive the compressor; andan oxidation reactor,a vapor outlet of the coalescer being connected to an inlet of the reactor,an outlet of the reactor being connected to the inlet of the turbine, andan outlet of the driving turbine being connected to the aircraft fuel tank. 2. The inerting system of claim 1 wherein a liquid outlet of the coalescer is connected to the ai...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (9)
- Johnson, Russell W.; Zaki, Rehan; Yates, Stephen F.. Advanced carbon dioxide fuel tank inerting system. USP2011037905259.
- Limaye, Santosh; Koenig, Donald. Catalytic reactive component reduction system and methods for the use thereof. USP2010047694916.
- Runnels, Joe N.; Fagerlund, Kenneth R.. Combustibly inert air supply system and method. USP1983044378920.
- Vershure ; Jr. Roy W. (Escondido CA). Dual function gas generation system for on board installation on turbine powered aircraft. USP1989054827716.
- Surawski,Eric. Flow control for on-board inert gas generation system. USP2009037509968.
- Kwok, David W.. Fuel system for an aircraft including a fuel tank inerting system. USP2010107815148.
- Jones,Philip E.. Increasing the performance of aircraft on-board inert gas generating systems by turbocharging. USP2007027172157.
- Zaki, Rehan; Michalakos, Peter M.. Oxygen removal system. USP2010067735670.
- Gupta, Alankar. System and method to make a fuel tank inert. USP2011047918358.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 6
- Hagh, Bijan F.; Zheng, Daguang; Johnson, Russell W.; Acharya, Mukund; Scaini, Mario. Aircraft systems and methods with integrated tank inerting and power generation. USP2017039604730.
- Hagh, Bijan F.; Zheng, Daguang; Johnson, Russell W.; Acharya, Mukund; Scaini, Mario. Aircraft systems and methods with integrated tank inerting and power generation. USP2017089731834.
- Cutler, Theron Lee. Inert gas generating system. USP2015089102416.
- Cordatos, Haralambos; Rheaume, Jonathan. On-board aircraft reactive inerting dried gas system. USP20181210150571.
- Hedges, Daniel E.; Holland, Mark J.; Rhodes, Scott S.; Klemisch, Jennifer D.; Pavia, Jessica C.; Henry, Thomas Michael; Anderson, Clay J.; McCaul, Bruce W.; Winsemius, Thomas Mac; Thorson, Eric K.. Oxygen analysis system and method for measuring, monitoring and recording oxygen concentration in aircraft fuel tanks. USP20180810048195.
- McCaul, Bruce W.; Winsemius, Thomas Mac. Oxygen sensor for tank safety. USP2014038667977.