Radiation shields include an outer composite wall, an inner composite wall, and an enclosed fuel chamber disposed between the inner and outer composite walls. A fuel may be contained within the enclosed fuel chamber. Spacecraft include one or more such radiation shields, and may further include a fuel cell and a conduit providing fluid communication between the fuel chamber of the radiation shield and the fuel cell. Methods of forming a radiation shield system include forming an enclosed fuel chamber between an outer composite wall and an inner composite...
1. A radiation shield comprising: an outer composite wall comprising a first layer of composite material;an inner composite wall comprising a second layer of composite material;an enclosed fuel chamber disposed between the outer composite wall and the inner composite wall, the enclosed fuel chamber containing fuel;a polymer radiation shield layer disposed on a side of the inner composite wall opposite the enclosed fuel chamber;a fiber-reinforced composite fail safe layer disposed between the inner composite wall and the polymer radiation shield layer; an...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (18)
- Robert T. Bigelow ; Russell J. Common ; John Mezits ; David A. Cavaleri. Apparatus for spacecraft thermal management. USP2002116481670.
- Bird Cory R.. Composite structural panel having a face sheet reinforced with a channel stiffener grid. USP2000086110567.
- Alhamad Shaikh Ghaleb Mohammad Yassin,SAX. Compositions of matter for stopping fires, explosions and oxidations of materials and build up of electrostatic charges. USP2000056062316.
- Barnett Burton (Rossmore CA) Kinsler Martin R. (Los Angeles CA) Nelson Lyle A. (Tarzana CA). Deployable shield. USP1982024314682.
- Hunter, Jefferey Allen. Energy generating modules with exterior wall fuel chambers. USP2012088235009.
- Hunter, Jefferey Allen. Energy generating modules with fuel chambers. USP2009097589429.
- D'Ausilio,Robert F.; Lenard,Roger X.; Uphoff,Chauncey W.; Williams, Jr.,Franklin H.. In orbit space transportation and recovery system. USP2006077070151.
- Miller Robert C. (Encino CA) Lemont Harold E. (Arlington TX). Insulation system. USP1977074037751.
- Cadwalader John A.. Lightweight radiation shield system. USP2001106310355.
- King Charles B. (Hampton VA) Hypes Warren D. (Toano VA) Simonsen Lisa C. (Yorktown VA) Butterfield Ansel J. (Newport News VA) Nealy John E. (Newport News VA) Hall ; Jr. John B. (Reston VA). Method of providing a lunar habitat from an external tank. USP1992035094409.
- Dugmore Peter B. (4 Swanmore Road Rondebosch ; Cape ZAX). Radiation proof tamper-indicating container. USP1993085236101.
- Takeshima Eiki (Chiba JPX) Takatsu Kiyoshi (Matsudo JPX) Asano Norio (Tokyo JPX) Hozumi Masahiro (Matsudo JPX). Radiation shield and shielding material with excellent heat-transferring property. USP1991055015863.
- Bigelow, Robert T.. Regolith container for use with a structure on an extraterrestrial mass. USP2010047703721.
- Belek Ronald E.. Shielded radiation assembly. USP2001086278125.
- Hijazi Yousef (P.O. Box 2 Makkah SAX). Space vehicle with collapsible living quarters. USP1990104964597.
- Fiore John N. (Hagerstown MD). Spacecraft structure and method. USP1995125474262.
- Penaloza, Joseph T.; Klinger, Rodney J.; Bradley, James C.. Tractor with integrated cab floor fuel tank. USP2005126973947.
- Danner ; Jr. Harold J. (117 Oravetz Rd. Auburn WA 98002) Holmes William B. (15454 - 139th Ave. SE. Renton WA 98058) Barron Wesley (5000 Dairy Rd. Kamloops ; B.C. CAX). Vacuum insulated container. USP1994055316171.