A method and apparatus for controlling inert gas generation. An apparatus comprises an air separation module and an air flow control system. The air separation module is configured to separate an inert gas from air input into the air separation module. The air flow control system is configured to control the flow of the air into the air separation module.
1. An apparatus comprising: an air separation module configured to separate an inert gas from bleed air input into the air separation module; andan air flow control system comprising a plurality of valves, a first one of the plurality of valves located upstream from the air separation module and configured to control a flow of the bleed air into the air separation module to reduce bleed air use by a platform in which the air separation module is located when a need for the inert gas is reduced and a desired operating temperature is maintained for the air...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (10)
- Moravec,Bradford L.; Boggs,Royal E.; Graham,Rodney N.; Grim,Alan; Adkins,David A.; Snow, Jr.,Donald; Haack,Greg A.. Commercial aircraft on-board inerting system. USP2006127152635.
- DeFrancesco, Gregory L.; Rebours, Renaud. Dispatch critical fuel tank inerting system for aircraft. USP2012048147579.
- Tom, Robert; Gu, Jenny; Murphy, Ryan; Tang, Benjamin. Enhanced OBIGGS. USP2009127625434.
- Nanaji Seifollah S.. Fuel tank ullage pressure reduction. USP1998125843212.
- Leigh,James E.; Fellague,Kader A.; Isella,Giorgio C.; Roach,Paul J.. Gas generating system and method for inerting aircraft fuel tanks. USP2007127306644.
- Jones,Philip E.. Increasing the performance of aircraft on-board inert gas generating systems by turbocharging. USP2007027172156.
- Glenn Gary S. (Seattle WA) Rajpaul Vinod K. (Bellevue WA) Yurczyk Roger F. (Kent WA). Integrated system for generating inert gas and breathing gas on aircraft. USP1987074681602.
- Snow, Jr.,Donald R.. Method and apparatus for generating an inert gas on a vehicle. USP2007047204868.
- Surawski, Eric; Falke, Brigitte B.; Hurst, James P.. On-board inert gas generation system with air separation module temperature control. USP2010117828874.
- Jensen, Bryan D.. Three flow architecture and method for aircraft OBIGGS. USP2009107608131.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 6
- Jojic, Ivana; Snow, Jr., Donald R; Grim, Alan; Hart, Colin W. Aircraft fuel tank flammability reduction methods and systems. USP2016059327243.
- Loftis, Richard J.; Armatorio, Andrew L.; Hart, Colin W.. Aircraft nitrogen generation and oxygen distribution. USP20180810040567.
- Vigliotta, Michael. Inerting fuel systems, methods, and apparatuses. USP2016119505500.
- Snow, Jr., Donald Ray. Method for processing air. USP2015059039818.
- Cordatos, Haralambos; Rheaume, Jonathan. On-board aircraft reactive inerting dried gas system. USP20181210150571.
- Ranjan, Rajiv; Dardas, Zissis A.. Temperature controlled nitrogen generation system. USP20181110137406.