An impeller vane includes at least one groove on a high pressure or working surface of the impeller vane to increase pump efficiency and reduce pump power requirements. The impeller vane includes a groove or a plurality of grooves formed on the high pressure surface of the vane. The grooves extend from a leading end of the vane to a trailing end of the vane. The grooves define ridges on either side of each groove that extend the length of the groove.
1. An electric submersible pump (ESP) assembly comprising: a pump having a plurality of stages, each stage comprising a rotatable impeller and a non-rotating diffuser;a motor operatively coupled to the pump for rotating the impellers; wherein each of the impellers comprises:a plurality of curved vanes interposed between an upper shroud and a lower shroud, each of the vanes curving radially outward from an area proximate to a cylindrical hub to an outer diameter of the lower shroud;a plurality of parallel, spaced apart grooves formed in a convex surface o...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- Rudolf M. Markytan. Airfoil configured for moisture removal from steam turbine flow path. USP2002116474942.
- Werle Michael J. (W. Hartford CT) Presz ; Jr. Walter M. (Wilbraham MA) Paterson Robert W. (Simsbury CT). Airfoil trailing edge. USP1989034813633.
- Ishijima Mitsuyoshi,JPX ; Koshitani Tetsuya,JPX ; Shimizu Satoshi,JPX. Axial blower. USP2001106296446.
- Shyu Jia-Ming (Hsinchu City TWX). Axial-flow fan-blade with profiled guide fins. USP1993035193983.
- Lonnie Bassett. Centrifugal submersible pump. USP2002036361272.
- Arbeus Ulf (Lidingo SEX). Closed type impeller. USP1991014981417.
- Walsh Michael J. (Newport News VA) Anders John B. (Yorktown VA) Hefner Jerry N. (Newport News VA). Combined riblet and lebu drag reduction system. USP1987114706910.
- Gustafson,Thomas J.; Chinoda,Zvirimumwoyo P.; Hilgefort,Kurt A.; Meyer,Terrence J.; Reck,Carl L.. Fan blade with ridges. USP2009027494325.
- Uselton, Robert B.; Cook, Leonard J.; Wright, Terry. Fan with reduced noise generation. USP2005036872048.
- Weetman Ronald J.. Mixing impeller system having blades with slots extending essentially all the way between tip and hub ends thereof which facilitate mass transfer. USP2001066250797.
- Powers Charles S.. Propellers and impellers with stress-relieving recesses. USP2001086280144.
- Philip Watts ; Frank E. Fish. Scalloped wing leading edge. USP2002086431498.
- Owczarek Jerzy A. (2345 Overlook Dr. Bethlehem PA 18017). Stator blades of turbomachines. USP1988014720239.
- Paul D. McClure. Streamwise variable height riblets for reducing skin friction drag of surfaces. USP2002026345791.
- Kao, Alan Lin. Submersible pump impeller design for lifting gaseous fluid. USP2004016676366.