An aircraft having propulsion units for both conventional aircraft flight in the atmosphere and for high-altitude operation as a rocket. The aircraft is divided into a payload compartment and a compartment containing rocket propulsion unit propellant or fuel, and includes a long transverse wing with a small back-sweep to favor lift in the dense layers of the atmosphere and to thus make it possible to climb to high altitudes at a subsonic speed before using the rocket propulsion units. The return flight portion is performed by gliding or controlled as for...
1. A method of piloting an aircraft comprising: performing a first aerodynamic flight step at a subsonic speed between Mach 0.5 and Mach 0.8 using aeronautical engines without in-flight refueling,performing a second space launch flight step using rocket propulsion units after controlling an aircraft inclination change between the first step and the second step,performing a third gliding descent step with a fuselage substantially perpendicular to trajectory, andperforming a fourth aerodynamic flight landing step after repositioning the aircraft substantia...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (16)
- Chavagnac, Christophe; Bertrand, Jérôme; Laporte-Weywada, Hugues; Poulain, Olivier; Matharan, Philippe; Laine, Robert. Aerodynamic and spatial composite flight aircraft, and related piloting method. USP2014048702041.
- Carpenter, Jon J.; Cronick, Jeffrey J.; Green, Jennifer L.; Lindley, Brian R.; Wechsler, James K.; Smith, Thomas R.. Crewed on-orbit, returnable, and reusable space vehicle. USP2003056557803.
- Aldrin, Buzz; Davis, Hubert P.. Flyback booster with removable rocket propulsion module. USP2003096612522.
- Palmer William R. (Melbourne FL). High altitude launch platform payload launching apparatus and method. USP1995105456424.
- Palmer William R. (Melbourne FL). High altitude launch platform payload launching apparatus and method. USP1996105564648.
- Palmer William R. (Melbourne FL). High altitude launch platform payload launching apparatus and method. USP1994035295642.
- Hardy Richard (Seattle WA) Hardy Jonathan (Seattle WA) Kornell Thomas J. (Federal Way WA) Tallquist Kenneth M. (Bellevue WA). Horizontal-takeoff transatmospheric launch system. USP1989024802639.
- Robert H. Ballard ; Maxwell W. Hunter, II ; Richard N. Jurmain ; Charles P. Kelley. Method of controlling acceleration of a spacecraft reentering the atmosphere to accommodate adventure travelers. USP2002066398166.
- Ustinov, Eugene Alexis. Non-powered, aero-assisted pre-stage for ballistic rockets and aero-assisted flight vehicles. USP2012058168929.
- Scott Harry ; Wurst Stephen G.. Payload carry and launch system. USP2001026193187.
- Troy, John R.. Payload delivery vehicle and method. USP2010077753315.
- Pham Roger N. C.. Rapidly-convertible roadable aircraft. USP1999115984228.
- Barnes, Kenneth H.; Butler, William M.; Hagseth, Paul E.. Reusable flyback rocket booster and method for recovering same. USP2003096616092.
- Clapp Mitchell B. ; Zubrin Robert M.. Reusable rocket-propelled high altitude airplane and method and apparatus for mid-air oxidizer transfer to said airplane. USP2000096119985.
- Chen, Zhuo. Spacecraft and aerospace plane having scissors wings. USP2004066745979.
- Rudolph Peter K. C. (Seattle WA). Supersonic airplane with subsonic boost engine means and method of operating the same. USP1996065529263.