A method for providing actuation thrust to a projectile. The method including: providing two or more individual actuators movably disposed in a stack housing, each of the two or more individual actuators being separated by a separation layer; accelerating exhaust from the two or more individual actuators with an accelerating nozzle having at least a convergent section terminating at a throat; and maintaining a constant volume in the accelerating nozzle after actuation of each of the two or more individual actuators.
1. An actuator stack comprising: a stack housing;two or more individual actuators movably disposed in the stack housing;a separation layer formed between adjacent individual actuators;an accelerating nozzle having at least a convergent section terminating at a throat; anda biasing member for moving one of the two or more individual actuators towards the accelerating nozzle after another of the two or more individual actuators has been burned, wherein at least one of the two or more individual actuators comprises; a detonation charge; a primer for ignitin...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (16)
- Rastegar, Jahangir S.; Spinelli, Thomas. Actuators for gun-fired projectiles and mortars. USP2010097800031.
- Cavalleri Robert J. (Orlando FL) Readey Harvey J. (Orlando FL). Combination actuator and coolant supply for missile and rocket vector control. USP1991125072891.
- Eches Nicolas (Bourges FRX) Brion Bernard (Bourges FRX) Brule Michel (Lury FRX) Laurensou Rene (Bourges FRX). Container fitted with electrical connecting means. USP1994105353710.
- Deffayet Jean (Chaville FRX). Device designed to modify the trajectory of a projectile by pyrotechnical thrusters. USP1991095044156.
- Becker Wilfried (Duesseldorf DEX) Grosswendt Werner (Ratingen DEX) Schwenzer Michael (Hermannsburg DEX). Device for guiding a missile. USP1995075433399.
- Botwin Leo (Westport CT) Simpson John A. (Southport CT). Gun-launched variable thrust ramjet projectile. USP1985034502649.
- Kim, Steven S.; Krzewinski, Brian E.. High torque rocket nozzle. USP2004026691948.
- Pal, Anadish Kumar. Magnetic gyro-projectile device with electronic combustion, turbogeneration and gyro stabilization. USP2009067541563.
- Williams,Darin S; Pflibsen,Kent P.; Crawford,Thomas M.. Multiple kill vehicle (MKV) interceptor and method for intercepting exo and endo-atmospheric targets. USP2009027494089.
- Leal,Michael A.; Baker,Todd L.; Pflibsen,Kent P.. Multiple kill vehicle (MKV) interceptor with autonomous kill vehicles. USP2009027494090.
- Pinson George T. (Huntsville AL). On-board flight control drag actuator system. USP1986114624424.
- Labroche Jean-Paul (St. Aubin FRX) Tonnerre Guy-Andr (Olivet FRX) Wisshaupt Daniel (Orleans FRX). Projectile and process for its use. USP1992065123612.
- Bambach,Ramon John. Projectile sealing arrangement. USP2009017475635.
- O'Dwyer,James Michael; O'Dwyer,Sean Patrick. Projectile with selectable kinetic energy. USP2009017475636.
- O'Dwyer, Sean P.. Propellant sealing system for stackable projectiles. USP2011077984675.
- Nagy Joseph G. (St. Louis County MO) Jaspering Daniel L. (St. Charles MO). Solid fuel burn enhancer. USP1990014891938.