A transportation system is disclosed. The transportation system has a vehicle that is self-powered and configured to generate an air cushion on a trackless lane having a substantially flat surface. The vehicle is configured to move over the substantially flat surface on the air cushion. The transportation system also has a guidance system configured to guide the vehicle between peripheries of the trackless lane.
1. A transportation system comprising: a self-powered vehicle comprising: a hood assembly comprising: a hood including an inflatable bead; anda plenum including one or more substantially horizontal upper walls and one or more substantially horizontal lower walls provided substantially in parallel to the upper walls, the lower walls including one or more apertures allowing pressurized air to be directed from the plenum to the inflatable bead;a vertical thrust system configured to generate an air cushion on a trackless lane having a substantially flat surf...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (20)
- Evans Carmi G. (950 Cascade Dr. ; Apt. 232 Woodburn OR 97071). Air cushion vehicles. USP1992105158033.
- Jones Thomas E. (Newark DE) Johnson Raynor A. (Newark DE). Air lifted and propelled vehicle. USP1987024643268.
- Jackson John D. (Las Vegas NV) Miller L. James (Leo IN). Air-cushion vehicle transportation system. USP1995105460098.
- Cummins Richard D.. Air-levitated train. USP1999065909710.
- Evans,Mark. Amphibious craft. USP2008037347154.
- Schirtzinger Joseph F. (Pasadena CA). Captured air bubble arctic vehicle with ice cutters. USP1979024137986.
- Menzenbach, Christoph; Bohme, Heiko; Barlmanl, Cyrus; Hahn, Gunter. Civil engineering machine for spreading material for spreading on soils or base materials. USP2013018342772.
- Glenn C. Pokrandt ; William F. Busser. Flexible shaft coupling with improved elastomeric element. USP2002016342011.
- Cavanagh Richard A.. Ground effect transport system. USP2001046216599.
- Ducote, John E.. Hybrid SES/hovercraft with retractable skirt system. USP2003096619220.
- Ward, Thomas A.. Hybrid vehicle with a low voltage solar panel charging a high voltage battery using a series charger to separately charge individual cells of the series connected battery. USP2011027884569.
- Cummins, Richard D.. Joint seal for a flexible train. USP2005106957610.
- Gerhardt Heinz A. (Redondo Beach CA). Linear turbine propulsion system. USP1997095669308.
- Kovaletz Mark P. (1935 Brandon Cir. Anaheim Hills CA 92807). Method for dispensing a fluidic media for treatment of waterborne spilled petroleum. USP1993095248436.
- Clark, Tracy M.; Perreault, Brian M.. Passive position-sensing and communications for vehicles on a pathway. USP2004086781524.
- Bertelsen William R. (2720 31st Ave. Rock Island IL 61201). Surface effect vehicles and guideways therefor. USP1979114175637.
- Lehl Elvest L. (Wichita KS) Zumwalt Glen W. (Wichita KS). Transportation system employing aircraft guided by rail. USP1996075535963.
- Zhao Zhendong (25 North Street Yuetan ; Beijing CNX). Two-way shock proof and shock absorbing towing coupling. USP1991095050901.
- Maloney,Kenneth J.; Whipple, Jr.,Charles S.. Variable hybrid catamaran air cushion ship. USP2007047207285.
- Danos ; Jr. Allen ; Chouest Laney. Vessel with movable deck and method. USP2001076257165.