Various methods for controlling a wastegate with an electric actuator including a bias are provided. In one example, the actuator is supplied with a first current when moving a wastegate valve toward a fully open position, and is supplied with a second current when moving a wastegate toward a fully closed position. The methods may ensure appropriate supply of boost to an engine even in the event of wastegate degradation while enabling engine downsizing.
1. A method of controlling a wastegate actuator coupled to a wastegate valve of a turbocharged internal combustion engine having an electronic controller including executable instructions stored in non-transitory memory, comprising: determining a wastegate actuation force based on a determined bias force supplied by a bias and a determined net exhaust flow force across the wastegate valve via the electronic controller during engine operation; andadjusting the wastegate actuator coupled to the wastegate valve in an exhaust passage of the engine to control...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (20)
- Deckard Mitchel R. ; Frohberg David L. ; Houtz Phillip J. ; Kocian Charles J. ; Lantz Kevin A. ; Maddock James B. ; Uhland Gregg W.. Apparatus and method for utilizing a learned wastegate control signal for controlling turbocharger operation. USP2000016012289.
- Pursifull, Ross Dykstra. Approach for identifying and responding to an unresponsive wastegate in a twin turbocharged engine. USP2011088001782.
- Jiewertz Sten (Jrna SEX) Eriksson Mats (Stockholm SEX). Arrangement for regulating the response of an internal combustion engine with a turbo charger. USP1993065214919.
- Zumstein, Bruno. Bypass control apparatus for turbocharged internal-combustion engines. USP1983044378677.
- Kim, Jin Ra. Electric waste gate actuator for turbocharger. USP2014078770544.
- Elpern David G. (Los Angeles CA). Electronic turbocharger control. USP1987044656834.
- Zurlo James R.. Electronically controlled wastegate valve for a turbo charger. USP1998105816047.
- Mackay Stewart Alexander,GBX. Internal combustion engines. USP1998035729980.
- Baeuerle, Michael. Method and device for operating a wastegate actuator for a wastegate. USP2013018347625.
- Eckart, Aaron. Self regulating waste gate. USP2012028117841.
- Jackson John S. (Troy MI). Supercharged engine charge control. USP1985054516401.
- Lee Jun Yeop,KRX. Torque compensating apparatus and method for a turbo-charger. USP1998095799489.
- Tadokoro Tomoo (Hiroshima JPX) Nakao Masami (Hiroshima JPX) Okimoto Haruo (Hiroshima JPX) Iwaki Masato (Hiroshima JPX). Turbocharger bypass control for internal combustion engines. USP1984074459809.
- Lloyd Richard J. (Huntington Beach CA). Turbocharger control and method. USP1977024005579.
- Zimmer Michael T. (Brookfield WI) Kakoczki Richard J. (Waukesha WI) Davis James A. (Ripon WI) Pratt Jerrold A. (Eagle WI) Reinbold Edward O. (Waukesha WI). Turbocharger control management system. USP1996095551236.
- Reinbold Edward O. ; Zurlo James R. ; Davis James A. ; Moss Dennis W. ; Carls Mark J. ; Briggs William D.. Turbocharger control management system throttle reserve control. USP2000126161384.
- Jalali-Karchay Mir Javid (P.O. Box 300 Monrovia CA 91016). Turbocharger control system. USP1979114174617.
- Weaver, Corey; Pursifull, Ross Dykstra. Turbocharger waste gate control. USP2011047926270.
- Gilch, Markus; Heinrich, Stephan. Waste gate actuator for an exhaust gas turbocharger. USP2012028109089.
- Betts Edward H. (Chillicothe IL) Weck Shawn J. (Edwards IL). Wastegate failure detection apparatus and method for operating same. USP1995095447031.