A configuration and system for rendering an aircraft spin resistant is disclosed. Resistance of the aircraft to spinning is accomplished by constraining a stall cell to a wing region adjacent to the fuselage and distant from the wing tip. Wing features that facilitate this constraint include but are not limited to one or more cuffs, stall strips, vortex generators, wing twists, wing sweeps and horizontal stabilizers. Alone or in combination, aircraft configuration features embodied by the present invention render the aircraft spin resistant by constraini...
1. A configuration for an amphibious aircraft so as to be spin resistant, said amphibious aircraft comprising a fuselage including sponsons coupled to a lower portion of the fuselage comprising a hull, a T-tail configuration, and a high wing having a leading edge coupled to an upper portion of the fuselage wherein the high wing includes a first region adjacent to the fuselage and a second region adjacent to a wing tip, the first region being contiguous with the second region, and wherein at high angles of attack a stall cell and associated separated airf...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (16)
- Lucchesini, Massimo; Iaia, Pierclaudio. Aircraft configuration with improved aerodynamic performance. USP2009047520470.
- Van Dam Cornelis P. (Davis CA). Aircraft stall-spin entry deterrent system. USP1988104776542.
- Nowak Dieter K.. Aircraft wing flaps. USP1998065772155.
- Dizdarevic, Faruk; Dizdarevic, Mithad. Airlifting surface division. USP2003066578798.
- Schenk Karl M. (Wichita KS) Reynolds Peter T. (Wichita KS) Abla M. H. (Wichita KS) Wattson ; Jr. Robert K. (Wichita KS). Airstream modification device for airfoils. USP1982104354648.
- Warren Elbert K. (Candler NC) Porter William D. (Asheville NC). Apparatus and method for controlling the tension on a yarn bundle withdrawn from a mass of compacted yarn. USP1982064334654.
- Usab, Jr.,William J.; Bilanin,Alan J.. Apparatus and method for enhancing lift produced by an airfoil. USP2007067234914.
- Aulehla Felix (Ottobrunn DEX) Genssler Hans-Peter (Munich DEX). Apparatus for influencing a boundary layer on the surface of a body moving through a medium. USP1989064836473.
- Walsh Michael J. (Newport News VA) Anders John B. (Yorktown VA) Hefner Jerry N. (Newport News VA). Combined riblet and lebu drag reduction system. USP1987114706910.
- Cox Ronald A. (Norman OK). Concealable flap-actuated vortex generator. USP1993105253828.
- Thompson Roger A. (7606 Joplin ; Apt. 2 Houston TX 77087). Counter-rotating vortices generator for an aircraft wing. USP1982044323209.
- Fairchild,Mark D.. Flight control method and apparatus to produce induced yaw. USP2009037503527.
- Silich, Bert A.. Method and system for controlling fluid flow in relation to a foil and harnessing energy therefrom. USP2012048152109.
- Greenblatt, David. Simultaneous multiple-location separation control. USP2009057537182.
- Farokhi Saeed (Lawrence KS) Taghavi Ray R. (Lawrence KS). Supersonic vortex generator. USP1997025598990.
- McCarthy Peter T. (134 Park St. #5 Buffalo NY 14201). Tip vortex generation technology for creating a lift enhancing and drag reducing upwash effect. USP1997065634613.