Apparatus and methods to lower peak temperatures and improve performance of aircraft anti-icing systems are described herein. One described example apparatus includes a skin on an inlet side of a nacelle of an aircraft defining an annular chamber, a gas delivery system disposed within the annular chamber to provide a first gas to mix with and entrain a second gas in the annular chamber to define a flow through the annular chamber, and a deflector vane disposed within the annular chamber to redirect the flow through the annular chamber. The second gas is ...
1. An apparatus comprising: a skin on an inlet side of a nacelle of an aircraft defining an annular chamber;a gas delivery system including a nozzle disposed within the annular chamber, the nozzle to provide a first gas to mix with and entrain a second gas in the annular chamber to define a flow through the annular chamber, wherein the second gas is at a different temperature from the first gas; anda deflector vane disposed within the annular chamber and in a direct impingement flow path of the nozzle, the deflector vane to redirect the flow through the ...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (19)
- Porte, Alain; Lalane, Jacques; Gantie, Fabrice; Barillot-Creuzet, Jacques. Acoustic processing structure particularly adapted to the air inlet of an aircraft nacelle. USP2013048413922.
- Hormiere, Arnaud; Dega, Alain; Gaillot, Stephane. Air inlet of an aircraft nacelle including optimized frost treatment. USP2014078783619.
- Cook Leonard J. (Canoga Park CA) Rosenthal Herman A. (San Diego CA). Aircraft anti-icing plenum. USP1976013933327.
- Meister, Juergen. Aircraft component exposed to streaming surrounding air. USP2011047922126.
- Coffinberry George A. (West Chester OH). Aircraft engine electrically powered boundary layer bleed system. USP1992055114103.
- Schulze Wallace M. (West Chester OH). Aircraft engine inlet cowl anti-icing system. USP1992025088277.
- DuPont, Henry Morgan. Airfoil anti-icing assembly and method. USP2004036702233.
- Banthin ; Clifford R.. Apparatus for and method of suppressing infrared radiation emitted from gas turbine engine. USP1978064095417.
- Cronkhite James D. (Hurst TX) Berry Victor L. (Bedford TX) Smith Michael R. (Bedford TX). Crashworthy composite aircraft structure with integral fuel tank. USP1995095451015.
- Nikkanen John P. (West Hartford CT) Bubello Robert (Meridan CT) Maier Grant P. (Glastonbury CT). Efficient anti-ice exhaust vent. USP1993115257498.
- Sanders,Daniel G.; Foutch,David W.; Will,Jeff D.; Leon,Luis; Ramsey,Gregory L.; Booker,Garry A.. Formed structural assembly and associated preform and method. USP2007057210611.
- Torke Gernot (Neu-Ulm DT). Frame members for vehicles. USP1976103983962.
- Vest Michael S.. Hot air injection for swirling rotational anti-icing system. USP2001076267328.
- Cole James B. (Mercer Island WA). Leading edge slat/anti-icing system and method for airfoil. USP1988064752049.
- Baptist,Praba Kharan; Bharath,Keppel Nyron. Nacelle inlet lip anti-icing with engine oil. USP2006117131612.
- Porte, Alain. Process for de-icing by forced circulation of a fluid, an air intake cowling of a reaction motor and device for practicing the same. USP2004036698691.
- Johnson ; William Rendall ; Welsh ; Ralph Raleigh. Sine wave beam web and method of manufacture. USP1978044084029.
- Vauchel, Guy Bernard. Structure for an air inlet lip of an electric de-icing pod comprising an acoustic attenuation zone. USP2012088240982.
- Rosenthal Herman A. (San Diego CA). Swirl anti-ice system. USP1987084688745.