A diffuser is disclosed that includes a splitter having a blunt forebody useful in re-starting a boundary layer. The blunt forebody can be used to create a static pressure bow wave and interaction with a passing fluid stream that reduces a thickness of boundary layer formed on an opposing wall. The re-start in boundary layer can be used in a way that allows an upstream portion of the diffuser to be sized approaching a separation limit and a downstream portion of the diffuser to also be sized approaching a separation limit. In some forms the passages spli...
1. An apparatus for a working fluid of a gas turbine engine, the apparatus comprising: a multi-passage diffuser disposed between a compressor and a combustor of a gas turbine engine, the multi-passage diffuser having: a first passage oriented to diffuse a first stream of working fluid traversing the first passage, anda splitter disposed at a downstream portion of the first passage to partition the first stream into a second passage having a second stream located radially outward of a third passage having a third stream,wherein a leading end of the splitt...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (17)
- Verdouw Albert J. (Indianapolis IN). Combustor diffuser. USP1989014796429.
- Greenberg ; Paul B. ; Lohmann ; Robert P. ; Wing ; Philip M.. Combustor diffuser for turbine type power plant and construction thereof. USP1978074098074.
- Burrus, David Louis; Taylor, Jack Rogers. Combustor inlet diffuser with boundary layer blowing. USP2005016843059.
- Stueber Henry B. (Cincinnati OH) Baehre Eric E. (West Chester OH). Compressor outlet guide vane support. USP1993105249921.
- Walker,Alastair D; Denman,Paul A. Diffuser arrangement. USP2006067062918.
- Samuel Billy P. (Madeira OH). Diffuser clean air bleed assembly. USP1993055211003.
- Cayre, Alain; Daguenet, Luc Henri Claude; Gautier, Claude; Pieussergues, Christophe; Touchaud, Stephane Henri Guy. Diffuser for an annular combustion chamber, in particular for an airplane turbine engine. USP2010057707834.
- Pidcock,Anthony; Close,Desmond. Diffuser for gas turbine engine. USP2007027181914.
- Haller, Brian. Exhaust gas diffuser wall contouring. USP2011037895840.
- Taylor Jack R. (Cincinnati OH). Flow spreading diffuser. USP1994085335501.
- Pidcock,Anthony; Close,Desmond. Gas diffusion arrangement. USP2006077080516.
- Adkins Richard C. (Milton Keynes GB2). Gas turbine engine combustion chambers. USP1983024373327.
- Alary Jean-Paul D. (Saint Maur des Fosses FRX) Barbier Gerard Y. G. (Morangis FRX) Delahaye Corine G. (Mormant FRX) Havard Jacques G. W. R. (Moissy Cramayel FRX) Mackovic Paul (Villiers S/Marne FRX) . Gas turbine engine having an integral guide vane and separator diffuser. USP1997015592821.
- Burrus David L. (Cincinnati OH). High inlet mach combustor for gas turbine engine. USP1997045619855.
- Al-Roub, Marwan; Creevy, Clifford Stephen; Roberts, Jr., Hubert Smith; Greenwood, Anthony Paul. Methods and apparatus for supplying air to turbine engine combustors. USP2003116651439.
- Widener Stanley K. (San Antonio TX) Dodds Willard J. (West Chester OH) Taylor Jack R. (Cincinnati OH). Profile matched diffuser. USP1992015077967.
- Lin Edward J. C. ; Warren ; Jr. Richard Edwin ; Vandervort Christian L.. Tri-passage diffuser for a gas turbine. USP1998045737915.