Certain example embodiments of this invention relate to composite pillar arrangements for VIG units that include both harder and softer materials. The softer materials are located on the outside or extremities of the central, harder pillar material. In certain example embodiments, a high aspect ratio mineral lamellae is separated by an organic “glue” or polymer. When provided around a high strength pillar, the combination of the pillar and such a nano-composite structure may advantageously result in superior strength compared to a monolithic system, e.g....
1. A vacuum insulated glass (VIG) unit, comprising: first and second substantially parallel, spaced apart glass substrates defining a gap therebetween;an edge seal provided around a periphery of the first and second substrates to form an hermetic seal;a plurality of spacers provided between the first and second substrates;a lamellar coating to impart closure stresses on the first and/or second substrates proximate to the spacers to at least partially offset tensile stresses also applied to the first and/or second glass substrates, wherein the first lamel...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (17)
- De Boel Marcel (Chatelet BEX). Fire screening glazing panels. USP1984124485601.
- Hentzelt Walther E. (Witten-Annen DEX) Nolte Hans-Henning (Gelsenkirchen DEX) von Reis Wolf (Gelsenkirchen DEX). Fire-screening panel. USP1979114173668.
- Jacquemin Francis (Monceau-sur-Sambre BE) Terneu Robert (Montignies-sur-Sambre BE) Voiturier Jean-Pierre (Gerpinnes BE). Fireproof glasswork. USP1976083974316.
- Rowe Alexander W. (Johannesburg ZA). Insulating materials. USP1976023936553.
- Bhangu Jagnandan Kumar (Ockbrook EN). Laminated materials. USP1977124064300.
- Yaegashi Ko,JPX ; Oikawa Yoshiaki,JPX ; Kamiyashiki Hiroshi,JPX ; Kimura Hiroshi,JPX. Lubricant composition. USP1998015710112.
- Crossland ; William A. ; Morrissy ; Joseph H.. Method of forming large liquid crystal cells. USP1978124130408.
- Neely ; Jr. James E. (Lower Burrell PA). Multiple glazed unit bonded with fiber-reinforced silicate cement. USP1984024433016.
- Neely ; Jr. James E. (Butler PA). Multiple glazed unit bonded with silicate cement. USP1982064334941.
- Nowobilski Jeffert J. (Orchard Park NY) Owens William J. (Kenmore NY). Peg supported thermal insulation panel. USP1985044514450.
- Indri ; John L.. Process of constructing a ceramic catalyst support. USP1978124130452.
- Hirsch Elisabeth (Pleyergasse 6 A 2700 Wiener Neustadt ATX). Shatterproof insulating laminate. USP1981124305982.
- Landa, Ksenia; Landa, Leonid; Aggas, Steven L.; Wang, Yei-Ping H.. Vacuum IG unit with alkali silicate edge seal and/or spacers. USP2003046541083.
- Kobayashi Nobuyuki (Tochigi JPX) Abe Yoritsune (Tochigi JPX) Shibata Katuo (Tochigi JPX) Watanabe Yukio (Tochigi JPX). Vacuum heat insulator. USP1984124486482.
- Veerasamy, Vijayen S.. Vacuum insulated glass (VIG) unit including nano-composite pillars, and/or methods of making the same. USP2014038679271.
- Veerasamy, Vijayen S.. Vacuum insulated glass (VIG) unit including nano-composite pillars, and/or methods of making the same. USP2014038679598.
- Kerr Thomas P. (Pittsburgh PA) Lin Shaow B. (Allison Park PA) Harmon Peter P. (Jeannette PA) Siskos William R. (Delmont PA) Oravitz ; Jr. James L. (Cheswick PA) Shaffer Paul E. (New Kensington PA). Vacuum insulating unit. USP1992065124185.