A method of controlling a magnitude of a sonic boom caused by off-design-condition operation of a supersonic aircraft at supersonic speeds includes, but is not limited to the step of operating the supersonic aircraft at supersonic speeds and at an off-design-condition. The supersonic aircraft has a pair of swept wings having a plurality of composite plies oriented at an angle such that an axis of greatest stiffness is non-parallel with respect to a rear spar of each wing of the pair of swept wings. The method further includes, but is not limited to the s...
1. A method of controlling a magnitude of a sonic boom caused by off-design condition operation of a supersonic aircraft at supersonic speeds, the method comprising the steps of: operating the supersonic aircraft at supersonic speeds and at an off-design condition, the supersonic aircraft having a pair of swept wings and a center box joining each wing of the pair of swept wings, the pair of swept wings having a plurality of composite plies, all composite plies of the plurality of composite plies being oriented at an angle such that an axis of greatest st...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (13)
- Garrett Timothy M.. Aerodynamic body having coplanar joined wings. USP1999055899410.
- Lee, Howard; Morgenstern, John M.; Aminpour, Hossein. Aircraft with active center of gravity control. USP2005076913228.
- Gerhardt Heinz A. ; Seho Kenneth ; Nolan Joan ; Mrdeza Matthew N.. Aircraft with variable forward-sweep wing. USP1999115984231.
- Fraser Norman T. L. (4597 Candleberry Ave. Seal Beach CA 90740). Control system for forward wing aircraft. USP1976053954231.
- Hagemeister,Corey; Aronstein,David C.; Schueler,Kurt L.. Design methods and configurations for supersonic aircraft. USP2007087252263.
- Friebel Gottfried O. (Bellevue WA) Kulfan Robert M. (Kirkland WA). Double parasol, favorable interference airplane. USP1986074598886.
- Tracy,Richard R.; Chase,James D.. Lift and twist control using trailing edge control surfaces on supersonic laminar flow wings. USP2006027004428.
- Morgenstern John M. Low sonic boom shock control/alleviation surface. USP1998045740984.
- Wood Richard M. (Virginia Beach VA). Multi-body aircraft with an all-movable center fuselage actively controlling fuselage pressure drag. USP1988044735381.
- Hartmann, Tom. Passive aerodynamic sonic boom suppression for supersonic aircraft. USP2003076588703.
- Rouleau, Bruce S.; Graham, David H.; Reynolds, Ross S.; Wainfan, Barnaby S.. Supersonic aircraft. USP200303D471854.
- Henne, Preston A.; Howe, Donald C.; Wolz, Robert R.; Hancock, Jr., Jimmy L.. Supersonic aircraft with spike for controlling and reducing sonic boom. USP2004036698684.
- Westre Willard N. ; Allen-Lilly Heather C. ; Ayers Donald J. ; Cregger Samuel E. ; Evans David W. ; Grande Donald L. ; Hoffman Daniel J. ; Rogalski Mark E. ; Rothschilds Robert J.. Titanium-polymer hybrid laminates. USP2000096114050.