A device may include an electrically-operated propellant or energetic gas-generating material, additively manufactured together with electrodes for producing a reaction in the material. The device may also include a casing that is additively manufactured with the other components. The additive manufacturing may be accomplished by extruding or otherwise depositing raw materials for the different components where desired. The electrodes may be made of a conductive polymer material, for example using an electrically-conductive fill in a polymer.
1. A method of making a gas-producing device, the method comprising: in a single additive manufacturing process: forming electrodes; andforming electrically-controlled solid propellant material in contact with and operatively coupled to the electrodes. 2. The method of claim 1, wherein the single additive manufacturing process further includes forming a casing around the electrodes and the electrically-controlled solid propellant material. 3. The method of claim 1, further comprising inserting the electrodes and the electrically-controlled solid propella...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- Jones ; Roy A. ; Mabry ; Marshall W.. Barrier system for dual-pulse rocket motor. USP1978044085584.
- Fuller, Jerome K.. Buried radial flow rapid prototyping rocket motors. USP2013128601790.
- Villarreal, James K.; Loehr, Richard D.. Electrically operated propellants. USP2015028950329.
- Sawka, Wayne N.; Grix, Charles. Electrode ignition and control of electrically ignitable materials. USP2014108857338.
- Bradford Michael D. (Santa Maria CA) McKinney Bevin C. (Ventura CA). Embedded pressurization system for hybrid rocket motor. USP1992065119627.
- Chang Marguerite S. (Forest Heights MD) Mackne Richard K. (Oxon Hill MD) Mycka ; Jr. Anthony (Waldorf MD) Myers ; Jr. Carl L. (Alexandria VA). Extrusion method for obtaining high strength composite propellants. USP1988104776993.
- Zachary R. Taylor. Integrated tankage for propulsion vehicles and the like. USP2002126499287.
- Craig Preston S. (Huntsville AL) Oakley Gordon S. (Huntsville AL). Method for making solid rocket propellant. USP1988124792423.
- Herrmann, Siegfried. Method for producing an optoelectronic component and optoelectronic component produced in such a way. USP2017019543479.
- Ducote Marjorie E. (Huntsville AL). Prevention of unwanted cure catalysis in isocyanate cured binders. USP1986074597811.
- Warren Larry C.. Processing procedure for isocyanate cured propellants containing some bismuth compounds. USP2001026183574.
- Dombrowski Daniel C. (Elkton MD) Frey Thomas J. (Elkton MD) Nevrincean Andrew G. (Elkton MD) Carr ; Jr. Clyde E. (Lincoln University PA). Solid propellant dual pulse rocket motor loaded case and ignition system and method of manufacture. USP1997025600946.
- Cucksee ; Marjorie T. ; Allen ; Henry C.. Solubility of NPGA in a polyurethane binder. USP1978124128441.
- Rutan, Elbert L.. Unitized hybrid rocket system. USP2009067540145.
- Hirsch, Shai; Levy, Avraham; Napadensky, Eduardo. Water soluble ink-jet composition for 3D printing. USP2015099138981.