To test the alignment of the front wheels of an automotive vehicle, the front wheels of the vehicle are driven onto a pair of spaced, parallel rollers, one of which is driven to effect rotation of the front wheels while the vehicle is standing motionless. The hubcaps are removed and a plane mirror is secured by a magnet to the hub of each front wheel. A laser beam is shone onto each mirror through a central hole in a chart. Means is provided for adjusting the the mirror angularly to tilt its plane relative to the axis of the associated spindle of the veh...
In apparatus for checking the alignment of the front wheels of an automotive vehicle comprising a target having an opening therethrough, means for rotating the front wheels of a vehicle while the vehicle is motionless, magnetic means for releasably mounting a reflecting surface on the hub of a front wheel for rotation thereby in confronting relation to the target, a light source for projecting parallel beams of light through the opening in said target and onto said reflecting surface for reflection thereby back onto said target, the improvement wherein s...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 13
- Knoedler, Juergen; Roehr, Christian; Roehr, Patrick; Roehr, Karin; Roehr, Peter. Adjusting device with an optical regulating device having a reflector. USP2004116813015.
- Bremer Genter (Bondorf DEX). Arrangement for the mounting of measuring devices of axle measurement equipments. USP1986034573275.
- Alsina Pierre A. (Rochester NY). Collapsible alignment apparatus for automotive vehicles. USP1979034142299.
- Alsina Pierre A. (Rochester NY). Front wheel mirror mounting device alignment apparatus. USP1980014185917.
- Phillips ; III Robert B.. Laser plane vehicle alignment system. USP2000076082011.
- Madey John M. J. (Durham NC) Madey Julius M. J. (Hillsdale NY). Laser-based wheel alignment system. USP1991095048954.
- Eck Leonard F. (McPherson KS). Line of sight wheel alignment apparatus for vehicles. USP1982074338027.
- Jackson Bernie Fergus. Method and apparatus for determining the alignment of motor vehicle wheels. USP1998035724743.
- Phillips Robert (17 N. Cross Rd. Staatsburg NY 12580). Process and system for measuring alignment of automotive vehicle suspension. USP1997025600893.
- Roth, Vladimir; Stalnaker, David O.; Olesky, Stanley J.; Turner, John L.. System for determining the dynamic orientation of a vehicle wheel plane. USP2003046545750.
- Eck Leonard F. (McPherson KS). Target structure for use with an alignment apparatus. USP1982074337581.
- Ziegel Douglas H. (Indianapolis IN). Technique for optical alignment of a workpiece. USP1983074391520.
- Merrill,M. Stanley; Combs,Ted; Sutton,Richard. Vehicle wheel alignment by rotating vision sensor. USP2006067065462.