A system for selecting the mode of detonating a cluster warhead. The warhead consists of a number of bomblets which are configured to be packaged into a warhead cannister. An explosive switch is initiated which permanently opens the dispersing circuit and prevents the bomblets from being dispensed and the warhead is exploded in the unitary mode. Failure to open the dispersing circuit will permit the warhead to disperse and each bomblet will explode individually.
An adaptive ordnance system which is effective against a wide range of targets and conditions comprising: a. a plurality of bomblets packaged in a single container, b. first detonator means associated with said packaged bomblets for detonating said bomblets as a unitary warhead in response to a first set of conditions, c. second detonator means associated with said packaged bomblets including circuit means connected to a first input terminal for receiving missile guIdance signals and to a second input terminal to receive a firing signal and being respons...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 15
- Rohr, Paul R.. Adaptable smart warhead and method for use. USP2014038661982.
- Rohr, Paul R.. Adaptable smart warhead and method for use. USP2011027891297.
- Rohr, Paul R.. Adaptable smart warhead charge and method for use. USP2013028365671.
- Bittle,David A; Jimmerson,Gary T; Cothran,Julian L; Blaise,Donald H. Artillery Rocket Kinetic Energy Rod Warhead. USP2007087261039.
- Farmer James R. (Lititz PA). Bomblet dispersion system for a cluster bomb. USP1987014638736.
- Ronn,Torsten; Heiche,Ulf. Cargo unit for submunitions. USP2006047032521.
- Ronn,Torsten; Fixell,Jan. Device with selectable units that are fired or launched. USP2006027004075.
- Menz Fred L. (Columbia MD) Montesi Louis J. (Silver Spring MD) Leopold ; deceased Howard S. (late of Silver Spring MD BY Judith S. Leopold ; executrix). Dual-mode warhead initiation system. USP1979034145972.
- Spivak, Timothy L.; Grudza, Maurice E.; Clark, William J.. Explosively formed penetrator (EFP) and fragmenting warhead. USP2003096619210.
- Lawther Robert J. (Orange CA). Fragmentation munition. USP1987034648323.
- Brady D. Ward (New Brighton MN) Chapman James F. (Waverly MN). Frangible ballast. USP1985034505203.
- Honigsbaum Richard F.. Process and apparatus for discouraging countermeasures against a weapon transport device. USP1999126003809.
- LaBudde Edward V. (Newbury Park CA) Kay Robert L. (Calabasas CA). Programming circuit for individual bomblets in a cluster bomb. USP1989014799429.
- Lanterman, Daniel; Sherlock, Mary; Rolfe, George Shane; Young, Taylor. Symmetical initiation distributor for use in explosive detonation trains with an offset orientation. USP2016049303966.
- Gustafsson, Lennart; Rönn, Torsten. Warhead. USP2012068196514.