Optics capture and concentrate laser radiation and send it through a gasdynamic window which is formed by supersonic expansion of unseeded hydrogen gas exiting a passageway directly under the opening. Seeded fuel is inserted into the chamber where it is heated by the laser radiation and the energy of the heated gas is converted into kinetic energy of a high velocity by means of a rocket nozzle.
A power system for a vehicle comprising: a nozzle having a heating chamber and an exhaust outlet; a propellant; first means for providing said propellant to said heating chamber; a gasdynamic window in said heating chamber; said gasdynamic window formed by second means which exhausts propellant at supersonic speed across said window; laser radiation being directed through said gasdynamic window to said propellant for heating said propellant; said propellant having an unseeded portion which is transparent to the laser radiation and a seeded portion which ...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 17
- Fowler Michael C. (Farmington CT) Smith David C. (Glastonbury CT). CO2 Coupling material. USP1984014426843.
- Pais,Salvatore. Laser augmented turbojet propulsion system. USP2006077080504.
- Phipps, Claude R.; Luke, James. Laser plasma thruster. USP2003036530212.
- Leik N. Myrabo. Laser propelled vehicle. USP2002126488233.
- Troitski, Igor. Laser-dynamic system for using in games. USP2011017872211.
- Meyer Michael S.. Method and apparatus for production of heat and/or magnetic field through photon or positron infusion. USP1999126000223.
- Tillotson, Brian J.. Methods and systems for beam powered propulsion. USP2014118876061.
- Spinelli, Charles B.; Tillotson, Brian J.; Ross, Tamaira E.. Methods and systems for measuring atmospheric water content. USP2014088813541.
- Hardy, Richard; Hardy, Jonathan. Nuclear thermal propulsion rocket engine. USP2015119180985.
- Hardy, Richard; Hardy, Jonathan. Nuclear thermal propulsion rocket engine. USP2016059346565.
- Winch Peter C. (Elizabeth East CA AUX) Blackledge Mick (Lancaster CA). Optical control method for solid fuel rocket burn rate. USP1986124630437.
- Wolfgang Schall DE; Eberhard Zeyfang DE; Wolfgang Riede DE; Wilhelm Mayerhofer DE. Propulsion device and method of generating shock waves. USP2002106459205.
- Robinson Philip I. (Calabasas CA). Solar rocket absorber. USP1985074528978.
- Shoji James M. (Calabasas CA). Solar thermal propulsion unit. USP1988114781018.
- Kuninaka, Hitoshi. Solid propellant-based space propulsion device. USP2010017641150.
- Caledonia George E. (Milton MA) Krech Robert H. (Saugus MA) Green Byron D. (Reading MA) Pirri Anthony N. (Andover MA). Source of high flux energetic atoms. USP1990014894511.
- Schubert,Peter J.. System and method for attitude control and station keeping. USP2006107118075.