A system for inducing turns in ram air canopy parachutes having a plurality of openings in the upper surface layer of the parachute canopy with the openings being equally distributed on opposite sides of the parachute centerline. Flaps are provided on the under side of the upper surface layer to close the openings. Control lines are attached to the flaps for selectively opening the flaps on one or the other side of the centerline to allow ram air to flow through the openings. This reduces lift and increases drag on one side of the ram air canopy parachut...
In combination with a ram air parachute for supporting a load and having an airfoil shaped canopy with a first fabric layer forming the upper surface of the airfoil shaped canopy and a second fabric layer spaced from the first layer and forming the bottom surface of the airfoil shaped canopy; a plurality of fabric layers interconnecting the first fabric layer and the second fabric layer and dividing the space between the first and second fabric layers into a plurality of channels with the number of channels on one side of a centerline passing through the...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 14
- Strong,Edward. Aerial delivery device. USP2006067059570.
- Gargano William L. B. (Santa Ana CA). Gliding parachute. USP1983084399969.
- Reuter James D. (Manchester CT). Gliding wing parachute apparatus with staged reefing deployment means. USP1989074846423.
- Costello, Mark F; Bergeron, Keith; Shurtliff, Michael Wayne; Noetscher, Gregory Michael; Ward, Michael Brian; Scheuermann, Edward James. In canopy bleed air actuator. USP2016089428277.
- Costello, Mark F; Ward, Michael Brian; Scheuermann, Edward James; Bergeron, Keith; Shurtliff, Michael Wayne; Noetscher, Gregory Michael. In canopy bleed air actuator with mesh vent. USP2017029573692.
- Smith, John J.; Witkowski, Allen C.. Method and apparatus for parachute reefing control. USP2010047703720.
- Smith, John J.; Witkowski, Allen C.. Method for parachute reefing control. USP2011017871043.
- Sadeck, James; Johari, Hamid. Method to improve aerodynamic glide of a ram air canopy. USP2017029573691.
- Astrand Harald V. G. (Karlsborg SEX). Parachute canopy. USP1984124487384.
- Keeler Arthur A. (Mt. Waverley AUX) Rice William M. (Altona AUX) Tremayne Edward C. (North Coburg AUX). Parachute control apparatus. USP1984044440366.
- Gargano William L. B. (1516 Drexel Dr. Davis CA 95616). Ram air parachute with multiple pressure centers. USP1987114705238.
- Bennett, Thomas W.; Fox, Jr., Roy L.. Reefing apparatus for controlling the inflation of a gliding wing parachute. USP2009087578480.
- Marshall ; Jr. Preston F. (Manassas VA) Chaskin Mel (Clifton VA). Space vehicle and method. USP1997105678784.
- Blum,Daniel Lorenzo. Wing device for sporting activities. USP2006087097134.