A system for compensating the disturbance torques applied to a satellite, which eliminates the requirement for a thruster control loop. The disturbance torque itself is used as the compensating torque in order to super-impose to the incidental misalignment of the solar panel arrays an artificial misalignment that can cause the momentum vector to be adjusted to the desired direction in order to restore the correct attitude of the satellite. The direction of the momentum vector is controlled in orbit only by solar sailing, that is by organizing at prescrib...
Method for controlling the direction of the momentum vector of a satellite in a geosynchronous orbit, the satellite having at least a pair of solar panel arrays driven to track the sun when deployed in orbital configuration, the method comprising the steps of: reading the value of the roll angle of the satellite and comparing it to a predetermined threshold value; generating a deviation signal when the roll angle value exceeds the threshold value at predetermined times; inhibiting one solar panel array drive in response to the deviation signal, and re-en...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 15
- William A. Hoskins ; Robert J. Cassady. ARC discharge initiation for a pulsed plasma thruster. USP2002046373023.
- Basuthakur Sibnath ; Bonello David Paul ; Allen Robert David. Actively controlled thermal panel and method therefor. USP1999126003817.
- Agrawal Brij N. (9 Thorburn Pl. Gaithersburg MD 20878) Madon Pierre J. (1033 - 22nd St. ; N.W. Washington DC 20037). Attitude pointing error correction system and method for geosynchronous satellites. USP1990034911385.
- Lehner John A. (Sunnyvale CA) Lebsock Kenneth L. (Manhattan Beach CA). Electronic on-orbit roll/yaw satellite control. USP1985064521855.
- Basuthakur Sibnath ; Bonello David Paul ; Buntschuh Frank Hallett. Method and apparatus for estimating effects of disturbance forces. USP2000096113034.
- Wang,Hanching Grant; Fowell,Richard A.; Ih,Che Hang C.. Method and apparatus for reaction wheel dynamic compensation in long-duration deployment of a large reflector. USP2006016990396.
- Wang,Hanching Grant; Fowell,Richard A.; Ih,Che Hang C.. Method and apparatus for solar tacking momentum maintenance in long-duration deployment of a large reflector. USP2006047025307.
- Chan, Fred N.. Method and apparatus for thruster transient control. USP1985084537375.
- Bang,Hyo Choog; Kumar,Krishna Dev; Thak,Min Jae. Method for controlling the attitude of an satellites in elliptic orbits using solar radiation pressure. USP2007037185856.
- Surauer Michael (Chieming DEX) Bittner Helmut (Munich DEX). Method of adjusting the position of satellites by means of solar pressure torques. USP1997125697582.
- Basuthakur Sibnath ; Ibanez-Meier Rodrigo ; Stratman Bob Dennis. Multiple axis solar sailing. USP1999055906339.
- Cande Jacques,NLX. Passive device for stabilizing the direction in which a spacecraft points. USP2000086102336.
- Rosen Harold A. (Santa Monica CA). Satellite control system. USP1990084949922.
- Munir, Mohammad Saghir; Cooper, John Hutton; Hirschberg, Philip Conway. Spacecraft momentum management using solar array. USP2014108868263.
- Fuldner William V. (Lower Makefield Township ; Morrisville County PA) Ganssle Eugene R. (Skillman NJ). Spacecraft structure with symmetrical mass center and asymmetrical deployable appendages. USP1987084684084.