In a twin spool gas turbine engine the electronic engine control modulates the open area of the compressor bleed valves during engine transients as a function of a ratio of the actual rate of change of the compressor speed to a maximum scheduled rate of change such that the bleeds are opened more as the actual rate of change approaches the scheduled maximum rate. This continuous modulation provides smooth thrust transition from one steady state condition to another while maintaining a proper safety margin relative to the engine surge line.
In a gas turbine engine having a compressor, and a compressor bleed valve, means for controlling said valve comprising: means for generating a first signal indicative of corrected compressor speed; means for producing a second signal indicative of the ratio of the actual rate of change of corrected compressor speed to a maximum scheduled rate of change of corrected compressor speed; function generator means responsive to said first and second signals to generate, during engine transient operation, a transient bleed position signal having a value which is...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 14
- Davison Samuel H. (Loveland OH) Kast Kevin H. (Cincinnati OH) Clark Aidan W. (Blue Ash OH). Active clearance control. USP1990054928240.
- Schafer Bradley C. (Manchester CT). Bleed modulation for transient engine operation. USP1991024991389.
- Hoang, Tuyen Trong. Compressor surge prevention digital system. USP2015129200572.
- Krukoski Leon ; Laudadio Nicola ; Doherty ; Jr. Stephen P. ; Kratz Merrill L.. Control system for modulating bleed in response to engine usage. USP2000116141951.
- Price, Brian John; Demers, Louis. Dynamic control of a gas turbine engine compressor during rapid transients. USP2012118302405.
- Zewde, Netsebrak T; Rowe, Arthur L. Engine arrangements and control. USP2010017647778.
- Coffey, Scot; Chapman, Gregory J.; Xiong, Yufei. Gas turbine engine uncontrolled high thrust accommodation system and method. USP20181210156190.
- Zickwolf ; Jr. Herbert C. (Bozrah CT). Method and system for controlling variable compressor geometry. USP1991085042245.
- Adibhatla, Sridhar; Nolte, Steven Edward; Litzler, Jeffrey Wayne. Method and system for piping failure detection in a gas turbine bleeding air system. USP20190210196928.
- Tonno, Giovanni; Paci, Mariateresa; D'Ercole, Michele; Russo, Alessandro; Stewart, Jesse F.; Chiu, Ya-Tien; Ulivi, Marco; Baldassarre, Antonio. Method for controlling the load variations in a gas turbine. USP2013118578717.
- Gregory J. Chapman. Smart surge bleed valve system and method. USP2002116481210.
- Xiong, Yufei; Faymon, Dave; Rushinsky, John. Surge bleed valve fault detection. USP2003056557400.
- Pandey, Achalesh Kumar; Babu, Ravi Yoganatha; Rucigay, Richard John; Doganaksoy, Necip. System and method of monitoring turbine engines. USP2015069068463.
- Shinkle, William Randolph. Valve position demand systems and methods. USP20190110168716.